1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Links to Sub-pages not Domains

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dvduval, May 11, 2013.

Just curious how many of you add cool pages to your directories, rather than simply the domain. There are always interesting news stories and internal pages worth reading. Obviously google likes to know which pages of a site are most important. Might directories help in this process? Might they also help identify new and interesting content that is important?

dvduval, May 11, 2013 IP
    silencer and dotcompals like this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hopefully lots since I believe it "should" add to the credibility of the directory if there are sites in there that don't normally get found in directories.

sarahk, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    will try it by adding pages for sure

dotcompals, May 12, 2013 IP
  4. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thing with news and new content is that it won't be fresh for long, so as a static listing it will be difficult to keep it current. I let people submit their rss feeds to my blog directory and the last 3 posts are displayed on the link details page. It would be good if this was a standard feature of a submission page ;-)

syted, May 12, 2013 IP
  5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would add a sub-pages to my directories if it is more relevant than the top level domain. For example if I add an attorney to our directory who is part of a large law firm, I would link to his personal page on the law firm's website instead of the top level domain

Nima, May 14, 2013 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've linked to single pages and sub-sections since I started.

Single pages like - how to start a home-based business in x state, a particularly useful tutorial that crosses several topics, etc.

It's a frequent occurrence in both of my niches to find sites that talk about several topics worth listing independently.

YMC, May 14, 2013 IP