1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Regarding A Huge Fluctuation In Search Engine Traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by toorhamza, May 11, 2013.

Hello guys,

I have a blog http://www.geniusbloggers.net and was slowly increasing its Google traffic and rank. But one day I experienced a good increase from search engines traffic then next day it went more high like this it started to grow and I was really happy but after almost 4 days the traffic declined and in almost 2 days it has lost all of its traffic? Why is that so? Here is an image for my analytics traffic.

[​IMG]

I have build proper backlinks which cant be hit by Panda and this thing took place in almost 8 days time period? What should I do now. Is this normal or not?

toorhamza, May 11, 2013 IP
  2. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Hi toorhamza,

I suspect you have been hit by a penalty or that your links have been devalued. That is an unhealthy chart where traffic grows 200-300% in a matter of days. Backlinks are never going to account for that if done organically.

How have you built your links. Describe the process you use - it may very well be outdated. Was there any other major changes on your end over the past weeks aside from links?

People need to stop thinking about how to game the system, and figure out how to work with it. It may sound silly, but think - what does Google want? If you can understand that, then you can have a mutually beneficial relationship :p (P.S. They want relevance).

Any attempts to 'game' the system are swiftly dealt with these days, or simply ignored. Google is pretty darn smart and it's not worth your time or money to try and mess with them. There are a lot of great, effective ways to create good valuable content and generate organic links - you just have to focus your time and effort there.

You may be a victim of another 'SEO' telling you they know what is best - but I hope this knowledge will give you a bit to work with in the future. There are a lot of people calling themselves search experts who are antiquated and quite frankly dangerous. Feel free to share more details about your link building and I'll help you understand whether or not they are effective.

Cheers,

Kris

Krisism, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks krisim for your comment but I create my backlinks manually which are coming from high profile, social bookmarking and networking sites like twitter and my fb fan page. Secondly, recently I started commenting on high authority SEO blogs but it was before the increase in traffic.

Last week I was quite busy so I did not update my blog but just checked the stats and this all happened. I did not received any penalty notice from Google. What should I do now?

4. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing my social networking and posting on blogs like tumblr task is automated because I use a wordpress plugin. I post on 9 different social networks automatically when a new post is submitted with its excerpt and title.

5. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Hey toorhamza,

Can you create me a backlink here similar to one you would use in blog commenting? Are you using crazy 'title' tags filled with keywords? I'm trying to understand if the links are playing into it - because the rapid changes in traffic coupled with the linking timeline you mention certainly hint towards it.

Posting on social networks simultaneously should not result in a penalty unless there is a messy link building operation behind it. As for the penalty, if you do get one - you never receive a notice. What is your domain? If you clear cookies/sign out of Google - then search for your domain without the TLD (.com/ect.) does it show up as the first result?

A penalized site will not show for something like this (where you know you would normally rank first with branded terms, ect.). You will have to find it on page 4, or lower. That is a good indication that you need to quickly rectify some SEO errors and then resubmit to Google for 'reconsideration.' (Through webmaster tools).

Your stats show something is obviously wrong. The sooner we figure it out, the sooner it can be fixed!

Kris

Krisism, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes my site is still coming on the first result in Google and here is a screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Secondly, I use my Name which is Hamza Ahmad and my link url with original email and commented on other blogs. They were good quality comments and not labelled as spam. I did tracked them.
    I do not use crazy titles except my Blog name which is Genius Bloggers for anchor text on other sites.

7. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I need to inform you is that I have loosed my ranks. Can we call it something like Google Dance?

8. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    So your traffic increase in just a matter of 4 days. Can you be so sure that this are from search engines? can you determine where are the traffic coming from and if it were from search engines, then you can also determine what keywords were used.

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  9. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is from search engine because the image you are seeing above is from Google Analytics search engine impressions which means how many times my site was seen by people on Google.

Secondly, for some keywords which I remember my search engine rank has decreased by 10-15 places.

10. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

Just want to inform you that having on first position on THAT KEYWORD is pretty much useless. I've search the keywords on google keyword tool with "exact" option to get results accurately but I got these results..

[​IMG]

So that's exactly the reason of my questions in my previous post.

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

no no no. Google Analytics is not only tracking visits only "from Google"

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  12. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to inform you that this is just my blogs title. I do not want to rank for this keyword. I am ranking for multiple keywords. Some gave me position 1 and some gave me around position from 1-30.

Check keyword 'cute twitter backgrounds' and my blog will come on position 19.
    Then check for 'twitter official app' and it will come on position 39
    Then check for 'penguin safe backlinks' and it will come on position 14.

Like this I am ranking for different keyword and these were the results of Google.com (US)

13. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know but I am only showing you results of Search engine organic traffic. To solve your confusion here is a full screenshot.

[​IMG]

14. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Hey toorhamza,

What you've described is what people experience after having a major block of links devalued by Google (ignored). From what you've show, you're not penalized which is good news - but it seems the link building efforts you've put in have been somewhat cancelled. (I can only speculate based on what you're describing/showing without doing a full investigation.)

This is my best guess with what I know now - because you are still returned in search for your branded keywords, but not for the other keywords you mentioned.

Do you know exactly where that traffic was coming from? Can you dig down a little deeper in Analytics to see where that big traffic increase was coming from? Then you can determine whether it was also the same thing that lost traffic in the following few days. Unfortunately (not provided) keywords make it a little bit more difficult to get a full view, but check more than keywords - check their locations, technology, and anything else to help define the traffic.

Good luck,

Kris

Krisism, May 11, 2013 IP
  15. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

Yes I know, that its your blogs title or domain name so pretty much useless. so why post the picture?

Anyways, you said you always use only "Genius Bloggers" for anchor text on other sites, which maybe seen by this "other sites" as spammed and remove your link, which is maybe your traffic increase only lasted a few days.

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  16. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess my most traffic comes from Google and from United stated. My 50% traffic comes from Google images and 50% from Google search engines. Thats all I know. Now you mean I should build more backlinks for my site but then what is the best technique.

I am using some of the good techniques. Now what should I do?

17. toorhamza

toorhamza Active Member

Best Answers:

I have tracked my backlinks and they are still there and increasing day by day. So I can't say that they have been removed. Secondly, I posted the picture for showing to Krisism as he said to check for my website appearing in Google.

Thanks for your help but share your best backlinking methods with me so I could create some for my website.

18. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  19. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Toorhamza,

Focus on building quality content, tools, resources that people WANT to link to. It's called linkbaiting and is a much better use of your time. Link building is a dangerous game without a much broader knowledge of SEO.

Are you accumulating links to fast, or to the wrong pages? Google knows... they measure these things and know from years of tracking content what an organic link profile looks like. Focus your efforts into that and any benefits will not be taken away. Use a strategy in line with Google's goals and you will find yourself working with something sustainable, that you can be confident to grow a business around.

Cheers,

Kris

Krisism, May 11, 2013 IP