1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A trip to Dubai... any suggestions!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pratik, May 1, 2013.

Hey guys,
    We are planning a holiday in Dubai in end of may.
    We are confused which hotel to take. 3 star is good for us and should be near to metro stations so that commuting becomes easy.
    I checked that a day pass for metro costs 14AED per person, this is good as compared to taxi.
    How is the weather in Dubai in May
    Also any suggestion / recommendations are welcomed..
    We would like to know if we can visit Atlantis hotel at Palm Jumeriah.. Is there a charge for it?
    Cheers.

pratik, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. mcreative

mcreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently made a trip to Dubai in January. It was an awesome trip.
    Firstly I should reccomend that if you are going there for a month or so, you should not go for the option of a 3 start hotel. It will cost you alot. Instead you should look into renting an apartment in International City which would cost you much less. International City is in the out skirts of Dubai and a very peaceful place.

Secondly I suggest that you should visit Burj Khalifah instead of Palm Jumeriah, its better. It will cost around 100 AED per person but its worth it. Also do spare one full day for the Safari Trip. I guarantee its worth spending a full day. Roaming in the desert first and then going to a camp side where there is an exclusive belle dance show. Amazing.

Lastly I reccomend that never go for taxis. They are very expensive. Metro stations and buses are best. Plus you can also hire a tourist car incase you wish you travel outside dubai.

I hope my suggestions were usefull.

mcreative, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply..
    We plan to visit for max. 4 days and 5 nights...
    Ticket for Burj Khalifah is for 175 AED and I plan to visit this too as well along with Atlantis.

Agreed taxis are very costly, so will be using the Metro and Bus.

I am confused as to which area to select for hotel once the area is selected i will plan the hotel.

pratik, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. mcreative

mcreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out the hotels in Bur Dubai Area. Its central location and I beleive affordable as well.

mcreative, May 1, 2013 IP
  5. M.M. Alam

M.M. Alam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Atlantis is also very good place you must go there, i had one party at last year and we enjoy too much.

M.M. Alam, May 1, 2013 IP
  6. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    dubai city is not expensive compare to abudhabi which is capital of emirates. Dubai is awesome and when you visit dubai do visit jumeirah beach.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would use the Dubai forums and ask the locals. They always have the best information.

globegenius, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. Dzign Studios

Dzign Studios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should give a try to search on TripAdvisor they would give you best locations to visits, hotels with reviews and much more information which you might need. Just keep browsing the reviews there as people share a lot of information in reviews like there experience with different things, different timings and different places.

Dzign Studios, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. dAVID aBRAHAM

dAVID aBRAHAM Peon

Best Answers:
    I listen Its a really warm weather there so just be prepare

dAVID aBRAHAM, May 5, 2013 IP
  10. liquidwebBret

liquidwebBret Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm jealous! How much money are you budgeting to spend on this trip? I've the place is amazing but expensive.

liquidwebBret, May 9, 2013 IP
  11. Nightcrawler~

Nightcrawler~ Member

Best Answers:
    dubai? hmmm...that's a very expensive trips dude.. will cost your money to much, why you dont go to south asia like thai of somethin?

Nightcrawler~, May 9, 2013 IP
  12. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Metros are heat of commutation , dont go for taxis, Have a safe trip enjoy

merlinseo, May 11, 2013 IP
  13. Sophia Sapien

Sophia Sapien Peon

Best Answers:
    My family and I will celebrate the festive season at Dubai Dolphinarium and will visit Father Christmas at their special winter wonderland grotto!

Show will be on the beginning of December until 1st of January, Santa & his elves will be making a special daily trip to Dubai Dolphinarium to meet children and give them a special Christmas gift. Before and after the dolphin and seal shows, tickets to meet Santa can are available for only AED30 per child that includes fantastic gift-bag and framed photo. Tickets to meet Father Christmas can be bought separately from show tickets.

Enjoy 3 shows per day at 11am, 3pm and 6pm! They are also giving away hundreds of special prizes from Balloon Adventures, Mumzworld, Explorer, Wonderbus & Tour Dubai Sahara & Palmers! Meet our mascots, enjoy face-painting and MUCH, MUCH MORE! I heard that show sells out fast!

For more info, you may check their website for show times and online bookings at http://dolphinariumshows.com/christmas/ or call 04 3369973 OR visit and like their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Dubai.Dolphinarium to win tickets for FREE!

Sophia Sapien, Dec 14, 2013 IP