1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Members beware "LIKES"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dave2013, May 9, 2013.

I signed up a while ago and since then have not really been active on this forum until recently. I recently have been receiving email from people stating they are digital point members interested in selling me their "LIKE" votes. Coming back to the forum and reading the new rules I see you have to earn these likes to participate in certain sections of the forum. I like this, the reason I didn't stay here was because of all the soliciting I was getting before. This system will eliminate that for the most part so long as these scammers and solicitors are not buying likes from other people. I saw a thread on another forum that someone was willing to trade domain names and even pay up to $6 for a like. This is obsurd. I realise I have no likes as of yet, but im confident that all it takes is posting information that helps other users and information like in this thread. PLEASE for the sake of reducing scammers on this forum now and in the future DO NOT buy or sell to other users "LIKES". Please understand that you earn the right on this forum to be able to sell domain names and post in the buy sell and trade section. I trust nobody will do this and I hope people avoid any emails being sent from people wanting to sell you their likes.

as for me ill continue posting in forums like this one and in the appraisal section until ive received the right to post in the other section.

Thanks, hope to see you all around.

dave2013, May 9, 2013 IP
  2. Simon Hogg

Simon Hogg Peon

Best Answers:
    Really well written bro

Simon Hogg, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I like that you brought this into a discussion. As am now wondering what Shawn//digitalpoint thinks should be the reaction from those getting such spam inbox's now...

Me I am an a hole I would say out them in a thread and then...

but...

Revelations-Decoder, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling likes for $6?? I'm not established, but I wouldn't sell my like for $6 because I don't need $6..First of all that is against rules of Digital Point and second it is stupid to charge something like that... The funniest thing is that Digital Point made new rules to reduce spamming but still spammers find way to become established members. Nothing can stop them but also nothing can stop us to try to stop them.. :D

VukasinI, May 10, 2013 IP
    imthebanana and BusinessMaker like this.
  5. dave2013

dave2013 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your interest in this post. Im not sure where these scammers come up with all of these hair brain ideas to try and make a buck. Hopefully this post has helped some users understand the importance of the like system. I would recommend if anyone has or does receive any emails related to the spam above they mark it as junk mail so their inboxes aren't being stuffed with useless crap. Today out of curiosity due to these emails and other spam offers I researched in google "DIGITAL POINT BUY LIKES" I was amazed at how many people are actually involved in this like buying and selling system, see it for yourself. I hope this information also helps digital point to crack down on these stupids, perhaps they have the same username on the other forums where they are carrying out these activities. Thanks again for looking. I appreciate everyones feedback in their thoughts on the like system and the like buying scandal.

dave2013, May 10, 2013 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  6. imthebanana

imthebanana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, further if someone is willing to spend that sort of money on likes, why not spend it on becoming a premium user (they dont need 3 likes to become established). I do suppose that the admins would have realized that this would possibly happen with the likes implementation and no doubt have already figured out ideas as to how to prevent it.

imthebanana, May 10, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  7. Pie-Rate Kiing

Pie-Rate Kiing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's all about ethics. And to be honest it does not take a lot of hardship to earn your right to 3 likes. It's very very simple and basic. All you have to do is be nice and respectful. PERIOD. Whenever I see a helpful post I don't hesitate to spare a like because I think it is a way of letting that specific user know about my appreciation for his helping post. But taking it to a whole new business level where selling your like is so unethical and corrupting. I really really hope people would stop abusing the system and rather would stand by it and respect it to make it a nicer and cleaner environment :)

Pie-Rate Kiing, May 11, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  8. HuggyStudios

HuggyStudios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I earned my likes from helping people with problems that they had with coding. Most people who are posting for help don't have the required amount of likes to be able to give it, but that's not important. I remember when I was starting out and when someone offered help it saved me so much time!

I think should be warned/banned for selling likes as it's completely defeating the whole point of "Likes".

HuggyStudios, May 11, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I fail to understand why there would even be a need for such selling and buying of likes. It is so very easy to get them, why on earth would you want to pay for these?
    Many members have scored between 3 to 5 likes with a single post. Perhaps some people have a habit of trying to cheat their way through life, and know no other way.

Spoiltdiva, May 11, 2013 IP
    Neeni86 and Digital_shubhi like this.
  10. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a risk that some people will want to sell the likes. It's hard to come to that. On the other hand, the gain is not as demanding. You only help a few people and that was the purpose of their appearance.

prawyyy, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty hard to earn likes! I think I only earned one so far.

topcoder, May 12, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You've managed to get 1 like with only 18 posts. What on earth are you complaining about, you call that hard?

Spoiltdiva, May 12, 2013 IP
  13. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe all your 17 of total 18 posts are not good enough to be liked by someone else.

Devtard, May 12, 2013 IP
  14. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Weekend Special: Selling likes for half the original price!

This is an interesting topic but I think it'll be hard to stop.

Avener, May 12, 2013 IP
  15. Whitecap SEO

Whitecap SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am really surprised and also becoming upset to know about this. This is field where people should come either with their problems or their solutions...but it's hurt to me that people make it just a source of income. No doubt, so many people earned money from here by providing their service with full of efficiency. But what is this I am hearing that someone earned by selling "likes" for $6? In my knowledge so far, neither anybody ask for 'likes' directly nor to sell 'likes' to others. So how is it possible? It's really bad to DP's reputation.

Whitecap SEO, May 12, 2013 IP
  16. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well thanks for stating the obvious..

topcoder, May 13, 2013 IP
  17. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

That's a good attitude :)

Revelations-Decoder, May 13, 2013 IP
  18. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the advice.

The best way to earn likes is by posting good content and being helpful to the community here

Gianni Palazzo, May 15, 2013 IP
  19. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Being helpful person will earn some likes.
    Be ourselves may award more likes. :cool:

I wish this is the first comment after DP 'alive' from database 'optimization'.:cool:

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 16, 2013 IP
  20. RaPeRbOy

RaPeRbOy Active Member

Best Answers:
    People are just used to buy things, don`t be surprised. We pay for everything and this is telling us something about humans...
    I want to live in a world were money don`t really matter - but human actions. Achievements for charities and all that cool stuff!
    Now back on the real world...

RaPeRbOy, May 16, 2013 IP