1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help With Making My Wordpress Social Site More Functional

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by future2020, May 9, 2013.

I have a social site concept built on wordpress platform. Now I would like to make the site more user friendly and clean up spamming. Looking to discuss with experts in wordpress functionality.
    Site is dwipo.com

Any suggestions, recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys.

future2020, May 9, 2013 IP
  2. flexcarrera

flexcarrera Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Whilst I can't comment on the social aspect of your website, I do have significant experience in terms of security and spam prevention for the WordPress platform. If you aren't already aware, WordPress attracts a ton of automated bots that aim to market anything and everything, it can rapidly spiral out of control (especially on high traffic websites). Whilst relatively rare, WordPress based websites are also susceptible to SQL-Injection and XSS attacks, meaning hackers gain control of your website and use it their advantage.

I don't want to write a novel and ramble on, so if you are looking to secure your website, please feel free to check out the links below that will certainly assist you in creating a safe environment for website and it's users.

WordPress Captcha - This plugin allows you to implement super security captcha form into web forms.

Hide My WP - A fantastic little plugin that helps prevent SQL-Injection and XSS attacks, it also boosts basic security. It's $20.00 but highly worth it.

Goodluck!

flexcarrera, May 9, 2013 IP
    future2020 likes this.
  3. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that was very helpful in a handful. Thank you I appreciate your input. :)

future2020, May 9, 2013 IP
  4. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you have a few options really

your own comments + captcha works great
    or go with a social platform, like disqus, they allow users to login using facebook, twitter, google etc, main thing is most users already have those accounts, saving the time for registration. This allows more interaction as users dont have to go through registration to make comments on your site, they just link accounts

cadsii, May 12, 2013 IP
    future2020 likes this.