1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skb329, May 13, 2012.

1. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to give up a habit, you will have to do it slowly. I will suggest that every day you try to take a cigar less.

Digital_lover, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  2. Blossom50

Blossom50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can stop for a few weeks until the nicotine is gone from your system, never take it up again. The urge will go after a while and it is so very worth it for your health. Try mint chewing gum and distracting yourself every time you feel the urge for a cigarette. Think how clear your lungs will be, how white your teeth, how easy your breating. Dwell on the positive effects and freedom of being free of nicotine. Anything worthwhile takes discipline and the reward will be brilliant of doing the no.1 thing for your health and long life.

Blossom50, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. beoding

beoding Peon

Best Answers:
    pay to someone to remind you not to smoke. Then you will stop for smoking. :D

beoding, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  4. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest try using those electronic cigarettes.

beacon.seo, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  5. coakleylincoln

coakleylincoln Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy If you have a strong abstinence, self-possession and will-power. There is nothing to intercept you for getting out from that addict. You don't have to need any advice from anybody. I have been never touched this since my birth because of the above three:)...

coakleylincoln, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  6. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The only way to quit smoking is By Never Taking Another Puff.

There's no other way, it takes a bit of will though.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  7. Smith15

Smith15 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to quit smoking? Don't....It's cool :cool:

Smith15, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  8. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Smoking is really a bad habit. To stop smoking you will have to leave it slowly. You cannot leave it at once.

Digital_lover, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  9. genero

genero Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am smoking 1-2 pack a day. so hard to quit, so hard to leave this "bad habit". But, some day I must stop smoking, I promise ...

genero, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  10. john123x

john123x Member

Best Answers:
    avoid smoking otherwise you will have to leave your life..

john123x, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  11. abrarahmad

abrarahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    i do not smoking

abrarahmad, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  12. SEO Link Manager

SEO Link Manager Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried so many times but I failed :eek:

SEO Link Manager, May 7, 2013 IP
  13. learnwebsitedesigncom

learnwebsitedesigncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, these are some of the best things that you can do to stop smoking. One of them is to replace the bad habit of smoking with a good habit. For example, whenever you get the urge to smoke, drink some kind of green tea. Green teas actually help to calm you down as well.

Another thing to do is to try to avoid situations or environments where you are somehow encouraged to smoke. For example, if you take your work breaks with other people who smoke, don't take your breaks with them anymore.

These are just some tips to help you, or anyone else stop smoking.

learnwebsitedesigncom, May 7, 2013 IP
  14. M.M. Alam

M.M. Alam Active Member

Best Answers:
    non of them are working properly. any new suggestion plsss

M.M. Alam, May 8, 2013 IP
  15. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

IMO your strong will power can only help you. Be strong and decide 'No More'

Good luck :)

G!

GeeOne, May 8, 2013 IP
  16. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

May this picture can make the difference!

GeeOne, May 8, 2013 IP
    Princess Aiyanaa likes this.
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I will explain it. ;) If I may:

The patch will not do it for you. It was YOU with the assistance of the patch.
    I did the patch before and it did not work for me.
    I was using one patch and loved it. Woke up without the desire to smoke. The desire came back, so I used two patches at a time. Then three. I kept it at three and started smoking on top of it.

My head started hurting bad, so I quit the patch :p

Blogmaster, May 8, 2013 IP
  18. Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cancer seems a high price to pay for an innocuous-looking habit. You get into smoking and you are robbed of the last 25 years of your life. Some cocky souls will say, 'Ah yes, but they are the worst 25 years.' Nobody feels like that in a cancer ward. There are no cocky souls in a cancer ward. But there's a lot of pain, not just of the excruciating physical kind that they shoot you full of morphine to smother. There are a lot of tears All around. It is hard to say goodbye to the people you love. And it's scary. Cancer wards have a way of knocking the cockiness out of you. And for what? Another cigarette?”
    Such lifestyle factors such as cigarette smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, little physical activity and low dietary calcium intake are risk factors for osteoporosis as well as for many other non-communicable diseases. :)

Princess Aiyanaa, May 8, 2013 IP
  19. Abh

Abh Active Member

Best Answers:
    K guys, listen here.

I was a smoker for 10 years and by the end i was smoking a little over 2 packs a day which i realized too late because i wasn't counting them. I was buying 10 pack cartons of cigarettes and just opening a new pack when the last one ended.

I think you'll all agree 40 cigarettes a day is a lot to smoke. How did i quit?

First thing, i prepared myself mentally. This step is different for each person, i presume you each know yourselves a bit. I left a few cigs in the drawer just to know they're there. In my case temptation would have been higher if i had no cigs in the house. It's easy to go buy a pack. Real easy. I didn't leave them there thinking i would actually smoke them. I just knew it would take the pressure off a bit. Like i said, i knew this would work for me. You do what works for you.

Then i found something to do with my hands. I bought a few kilos of grapefruits because it takes time for me to eat that fruit. I peel everything off and only eat the seeds. So to eat a grapefruit it would take me maybe half an hour cleaning it slow. That's half an hour keeping your hands busy and off cigs.
    I later found out that grapefruits lower nicotine levels in blood, but i don't know if that helped or not since from 40 to 0 the nicotine in my blood was definitely lowering by itself at a fast rate.

Last thing i did was download a few tv shows and barricade myself in the house. All i did for a week was sit in bed, eat grapefruits and other fruits, and watch tv shows all day long. Now this is a good point in my story to find excuses for yourselves, like you can't take a week off from work and stuff like that.
    After a week the physical addiction was mostly gone.

Keep in mind, smoking is 80% mental addiction. I took a long pause from friends that smoked and stayed away from places like bars and clubs. Two years later and i still see myself getting hooked again. I'm afraid but i know it's possible, because i can still remember the feeling. Before this moment i couldn't understand drug addicts that would relapse, and the point of AAA meetings. Smoking is a very addictive drug and changes the brain the same way heroin does. I'm really baffled seeing how governments still ignore it since it kills 17 times as many Americans as all illegal drugs combined.

I found this page today and it's really interesting http://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Good luck to all of you.

Abh, May 8, 2013 IP
    Princess Aiyanaa and GeeOne like this.
  20. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice idea buddy, I think this can be work for may cases.

Yes I agree it is possible.

G!

GeeOne, May 8, 2013 IP