1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I use SEO Article Writing and Distribution alone to Achieve Top Ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by what is white hat SEO, May 4, 2013.

I came across an article that was saying you need to maximize on your strength when it comes SEO and achieve favorable ranking on major search engines. After reading that article, i looked at my team and realize our main strength is content development. So I wondered how can i use content development alone to achieve SEO without going into many things?

I started researching on various places you can post SEO articles and landed on article directories, web 2.0 blogs and others. The problem with article directories is that some are dofollow while others are nofollow and in fact, the majority are nofollow. How do you use article writing and distribution alone to achieve top ranking?

what is white hat SEO, May 4, 2013 IP
  2. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    well you put a keyword hyperlink in your article... and spread them to high pr article directories and create web2.0

ikidoxio, May 4, 2013 IP
  3. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you would need to do article marketing, it would take awhile. I would get some SEO done.

gkuang2, May 5, 2013 IP
  4. what is white hat SEO

what is white hat SEO Member

Best Answers:
    So does it mean that writing several articles and putting hyperlink on keywords can achieve top ranking on major search engines?

what is white hat SEO, May 5, 2013 IP
  5. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In order to go up in the Google rankings you have to have links coming into your site from other sites. The two main ways people do this is by either asking people for a link (rarely works these days IMHO) or by giving them an article you have written that already has a link to your site incorporated into it.

For example, if I have a site about dogs I might write some articles about specific breeds of dogs or dog care and put a link to my site somewhere inside it along with links to other relevant content. I then go over to Joe's pet shop site and offer him the use of my article for free as long as he leaves the link to my site intact and functioning as a DoFollow link. He gets free content for his site and I get a free backlink to mine.

This takes a long time to build up links this way but it is effective and over time will help your site go up in the rankings as long as decent, reputable sites are publishing your articles.

Good luck!

Maestroc, May 5, 2013 IP
  6. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No follow links are also useful that helps you to look natural in the eye of Google. And also no follow back links help in maintaining a balance between do follow and no follow...

afoley77, May 5, 2013 IP
  7. what is white hat SEO

Best Answers:
    wow thanks, I didn't know that part of nofollow benefits.

what is white hat SEO, May 6, 2013 IP
  8. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hm. I also didn't know about the difference between no follow and do follow links. Is it really better to balance them out. Is it bad to try for all do follows, or just better to do both?

01123581321345589144, May 6, 2013 IP
  9. what is white hat SEO

Best Answers:
    I really get confused when someone say that google use nofollow and dofollow links to treat your link building natural, can Google or any other search engine detect nofollow link?

what is white hat SEO, May 6, 2013 IP
  10. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    First things first, you should try to optimize your article in your blog first by doing internal linking that way you are passing link juice throughout your site, forwarding spider here and there. Maybe 2-3 keywords on every article would give provide great results in the long run.

Don't worry about do follow or nofollow links because as long as your content is that useful to the readers you'll get points for that. Remember that Google PR is all about how google TRUST you. Google loves web owners providing quality content because their main goal is to link users to trusted blogs as close to what they search for.

contech, May 6, 2013 IP
  11. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, It is better to do both or to maintain a balance between both no follow and do follow

afoley77, May 6, 2013 IP
  12. what is white hat SEO

Best Answers:
    I am getting relieved now because I have been ignoring some nofollow sources of backlinks but nor i will consider it. I posted a question on another forum about what need to happen differently once a page reaches position 9 or 10 and you want to take it to position 1.Any suggestion would be appreciated.

what is white hat SEO, May 7, 2013 IP
  13. biznics

biznics Member

Best Answers:
    Conventional answer would be; it depends on various factors, like:

1. keyword(s) you are targeting
    2. niche/business you are competing with
    3. linking strategy you are using

In general, once you reach to 9 or 10 rank, make sure you re-strategize your backlinking and onsite content techniques. Google has very much changed SEO since 2011 and now what counts is how much updated SEO knowledge you have; and how much you are implementing it AND HOW YOU ARE IMPLEMENTING IT.

So in short, ensure that you are following white hat and 'natural' website optimization and linking methods. As long as you are sure about that, you can definitely reach to No. 1.

Good luck,

biznics, May 7, 2013 IP