1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Boat classified ad site with great traffic

Discussion in 'Sites' started by bmac, May 6, 2013.

This site is a classified ad site for crownline (higher end boat company) boats for sale. The site itself is three or four years old and I have not even touched the site in over a year. For some reason I can not access the wp-admin area of the site but I am having someone fix that now. As I said nothing has been done with it in a long time. I used to make a few hundred per month on it but that has been a while back so no revenues in the past year.

The site does not have GA installed or at least I dont think it does but the cpanel stats has shown good traffic over the past year with over 10k visitors per month and around 50k page views. This would be a great site to charge for ads (currently just free ads with about 1k ads on there) or you could sell ad space to crownline dealers. Even at $20 a month for a dealer to list all their inventory you could still make good money if you find 5 to 10 dealers. You could also ad adsense to it. I will fix the site and get the admin working right but assume no revenues. I have posted the webalizer stats. Asking $400 because I had a dealer offer me twice that just for the name a few years ago but this would be a great site to flip. You could just buy it and email all the dealers and flip it for twice the money or keep it and put adsense on it.

All the traffic is search engine traffic. Open to offers and maybe even a trade but no junk.

Attached Files:

bmac, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. deam

deam Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 2
    Quite a big risk without any decent stats or proof of revenue. There is no content on the site, no Alexa rank. Don't you think you are asking a bit to much?

deam, May 6, 2013 IP
  3. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Someone is doing some work on the site right now but will be back up soon. I so have cpanel stats but assume no revenues since it does not have Adsense on it. It may be a little high for buyers on here but for a crownline or any used boat dealer it's not so I may just wait and market it to them but I am open to offers.

bmac, May 6, 2013 IP
  4. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with you.
    Simple site with free ad plugin installed for $400. LOL

No one is silly to not take advantage of such a huge traffic as claimed. So big traffic and no revenue? or does it actually have that much traffic? no GA installed? how come ? you are a professional website flipper as you said and didn't install GA on a website which gets huge traffic? a flipper knows that every buyer asks for proofs !

softech02, May 7, 2013 IP
  5. arichatz

arichatz Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 6
    CPanel Stats are meaningless.

arichatz, May 7, 2013 IP
  6. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1800 boats listed and four years old with steady traffic. If you are not interested just keep your mouth shut and move on.

bmac, May 7, 2013 IP
  7. Bluebonic

Bluebonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    85.7% - 6
    I would like to offer a BIN of $100

Bluebonic, May 7, 2013 IP
  8. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Make it $150 and you got a deal

bmac, May 7, 2013 IP
  9. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If I'm not interested why the hell I'm wasting time to look at your listing?
    1800 listings, how much of them are real??
    You realised that I'm not the kind of person who can get cheated easily. Is it the reason you want me to shut my mouth up and asking me to move on? let other buy? watch you language !!

softech02, May 7, 2013 IP
  10. Bluebonic

Bluebonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    85.7% - 6
    don't worry brah, i'll buy it for the right price

Bluebonic, May 7, 2013 IP
  11. bmac

bmac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The site is sold to bluebonic. And for the record softtech2 the point is it is very unprofessional to just start bashing someone for no reason but after reading a lot of your post I see you are just a jerk in general and rude. I see a lot of sites here that I think are over priced but I dont trash talk the sellers I simply hit the back button and keep looking. The boats are all real and the reason I dont want you commenting is simply because I dont want to waste my time with you

bmac, May 9, 2013 IP