1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Blog Hacked by Anonymous Indonesia - Anonghost (Help Please)

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by webmaster-32B2, May 1, 2013.

Hi,

My wordpress blog hacked and I am unable to go Wordpress Dashboard.

Can anyone please help me to recover my hacked blog?

Looking for some urgent help.

Regards
    WM

webmaster-32B2, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Really feeling sorry to hear about the hacking.

You can do the following -
    1. Generally WP hacking are done by learners in an attempt to try whether they have grasp it or not. So, they don't do much harm and they just hack the index file of the WP- theme you are using. You can upload the index file of the theme you are using FTP or Cpanel to check it that resolve the issue.
    2. If they have only hacked your theme then you can easily login your WP-dashboard using yoursitename.com/wp-admin. Once you get in, just change the theme and check if it helps
    3. You can ask for customer support of your Hosting provider to help. Since your website is in their server they will be eager to help you.
    4. If the hacking has been done by PRO then probably they have completely cause disaster. They will try to hack every thing including deletion of your Database. In that case, you have to ask help of your hosting provider to delete your wp-installation and you have to re-install your WP-Blog from the scratch and you have to upload the database backup to re-instate the blog.
    These are just from my experience. There may be some other ways out to sort the issues and other DP members may help you in this context.

I have a suggestion for you.

Never publish your blog posts under your admin name. Instead create another user and publish the articles under that User name. Hackers generally crack the codes by getting the author names which are generally admin names under the post.

digitalcreativenetwork, May 2, 2013 IP
  3. hackrepair

hackrepair Member

Best Answers:
    Please feel free to contact me if you are still in need of help.

hackrepair, May 6, 2013 IP
  4. mustcatchit

mustcatchit Banned

Best Answers:
    Post update webmaster-32b2 we are here to help you...

mustcatchit, May 6, 2013 IP
  5. Supriyo

Supriyo Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible to recover your blog if you have access to your cPanel intact. A week back another person posted similar type of a problem. In his case, the cPanel backup was also lost. So it was really difficult for him. You can tell your hosting service provider to take full backup of all the files and then delete the wordpress installation. Then you reinstall wordpress, select a new theme, do some customization, if required and upload your files. Since it's a new installation, you will have different admin name and password.

One suggestion for you though. It's better to choose a weird name than 'Admin'. Choose anything from mickeymouse to donald duck, but don't just keep the name as Admin.

Supriyo, May 6, 2013 IP