1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Undlerine of Links in CSS

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by captainron19, May 5, 2013.

Re-designing my brothers catering website..... links are set in the CSS to be underlined and withe the underline to remove and link change to green on mouse hover.

On this page.... http://www.chiarellos.com/packages.php The links look just fine when viewing in IE but when I open up in the Firefox browser the underline is way to close to the bottom of the letters....maybe something to do because i altered the font size in the actual HTML coding.

Any ideas on how to make it look better?

captainron19, May 5, 2013 IP
  2. Krisism

Krisism Member

Best Answers:
    Hi captain,

Quickly viewed in FF, looks ok. The 'underline' on that page is not an underline but a bottom border. That should not change at all cross-browser if there is a set height.

You can always play with 'line-height' if it's a paragraph spacing issue. If another css declaration is showing instead of the one you want, add '!important' to it to override, like this:

p{height:50px !important;} (example of applying fixed height to paragraph)

Good luck,

Kris

Krisism, May 5, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  3. Zee Design

Zee Design Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Because You are using border You can use "padding-bottom:5px;" to move underline more down. Or use "text-decoration:underline;" and it will show same in all browsers.

Zee Design, May 5, 2013 IP