1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Design review please

Discussion in 'Design' started by Steve202, May 3, 2013.

Hey guys, I'm working on a new site at the moment, bit of a personal blog and possibly a reference for other people who like growing their own fruit and veg. What I would like to know does the design match the theme of the site, ie gardening? Would you make any changes?

Content is still a work in progress at the moment.

Steve202, May 3, 2013 IP
  2. hakkimone

hakkimone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The black shade not good ... Change it to dark green and light green combination ... It's much better ... Otherwise the designing and layout is great ... Good luck ...

hakkimone, May 3, 2013 IP
    Steve202 likes this.
  3. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    I'll play around with that over the weekend, thanks for the suggestion :)

Steve202, May 3, 2013 IP
  4. Eased

Eased Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you took hakkimone's suggestion and I have to say it looks much better.

I think it would help if you had a the blog link in the top header too instead of just on the side bar. Are you also able to feature some of the blog posts on the front page? Would help with SEO and keep visitors interested to stay on your site.

Eased, May 4, 2013 IP
    Steve202 likes this.
  5. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    I like that idea of the featured blog posts on the front page. Started working on it already :D

Steve202, May 7, 2013 IP
  6. dejanlesi

dejanlesi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks good, but if I were you, I would put more posts on the front page, not just the one you have now.. Also, I went into your how to guides category and the how to grow tomatoes post has its continue reading sign a bit off.. You can't fully see the continue reading text, because the post picture is pushing it down.

I would also still do the dark green a bit more light, because it is almost black at the end.. I don't know, but you should have more bright colors to set a more bright mood in my opinion :)

dejanlesi, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks nice.
    Continue that green color all the way instead of switching to black.

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  8. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think Logo is the big issue! You should get a logo for your website! its good but still need improvement in header section. as you are using the wordpress I recommend you to search some ideas about organizing your header! But other then that I Like each and every section.

vectors, May 13, 2013 IP
  9. BradsFX

BradsFX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice, but I don't like the BG, green and black gradient... But looks nice, also, maybe when user hovers the navbar, put a piece of wood as bg instead of a black box.

BradsFX, May 13, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think every answer in How To Guides should have a separate page. A separate page for How to Avoid Potato Blight, a separate page for How to Grow Onions, etc, etc. Right now it has the feel of a blog. What I mean is this: after a visitor clicks on the How To Guides link it should take them to a page where all Q&A are listed and ordered according to the topics (e.g. How To Grow, How To Water, Common Blights, etc. etc.). Then they can choose the topic they're interested in. As your site grows, you will have to organize it by topics and issues, if you want to keep it user-friendly.

qwikad.com, Jun 19, 2013 IP