1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image based website with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by KmayoLinks, May 3, 2013.

Hi everyone. Looking for advice from all you experts out there. I have an image based site and we draw some decent advertisers simply because we have a lot of traffic (1.2 mil page views a month). But i'd rather not have to deal with the private side of collecting the money and placing the ads etc so I applied for adsense. We are an image based site so we were denied due to Lack of Content.

My question. What changes need to be made for approval? Can I add some text pages about the website so the crawlers have more to pick up on? Or is it hopeless?

Thanks folks.

KmayoLinks, May 3, 2013 IP
  2. rachelsalmon

rachelsalmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I think the problem is duplicate content alongside low content just because you might be using images from web.

It's always hard to get adsense approval with only visual content I feel.

I think you should use CPA and Banner Ads. Much better than adsense for such content I fell.

Anyways, best of luck in your attempt.

Thanks,
    Rachel.

rachelsalmon, May 4, 2013 IP
  3. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I have 3 image sites on adsense for nearly a year, never any problems. Do you have a privacy policy page?

GregWR, May 8, 2013 IP
  4. mayank6169

mayank6169 Active Member

Best Answers:

Try media.net they also pay for traffic.

mayank6169, May 8, 2013 IP
  5. pandaplot

pandaplot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pandaplot, May 9, 2013 IP
  6. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a good idea, but add more - few sentences of unique text/description for each image, then reapply. It should be ok I think. Also as someone mentioned above, put a privacy policy, although I do not think you need the one for adsense before you have it accepted and placed on the site...

abraxas, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would accept the private ad offers first and then would hire some writers. Even if your site got accepted, it couldn't generate money without text content. I think you can get the most money from private ad sales for now. I wouldn't sell private ads for long periods like 3-6 months. Because I would remove all the ads before applying again.

makeit easy, May 9, 2013 IP
  8. yunoblog

yunoblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of images does your website show? As a previous poster mentioned, I would probably try something other than Adsense such as CPA and affiliate marketing. If I was to visit a image-based website, the last thing on my mind would be to click an Adsense ad.

yunoblog, May 10, 2013 IP