1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Power of Pinterest and LinkedIn

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by stlgolfforum, Mar 29, 2013.

When people think of social networks to promote their blog, website, or company two social networks come in mind- Facebook and Twitter. These are both very powerful social marketing tools and it's because lots of people use them. What I learned this month is that there are two others that are forgotten, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

Before on my previous websites I have never used either of these, never even gave thought to using LinkedIn. On my new blog (just started this month) I thought I would give it a whirl and see what happens...I was astounded at the results.

My blog is a Web and Graphic Design blog, so obviously Pinterest would have a great effect on it, but LinkedIn too? Here were my results...

After 26 Days since the website was launched Pinterest had sent 703 users to it, and images from my site on Pinterest had reached 5,506 people making over 11,000 impressions. That's an insane amount of reach for a site that was launched less than a month ago.

LinkedIn didn't do too bad itself, although I just started posting to linkedin last week, it has already sent 175 users to my site (with 3 articles posted). For having never even thought to use LinkedIn, I am pleased with the results so far. I found out the key is to join groups on LinkedIn that are related to your niche (I have a web and graphic blog so I joined a few groups on web design and graphic design). You MUST be careful not to spam these groups with tons of articles and submissions though or you WILL get kicked. I've submitted 3 articles in 2 weeks and it's worked out well for me so far.

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is more out there than just Facebook and Twitter, and expanding your reach to different groups of people is a must when trying to grow your following.

Thanks,

Zac

stlgolfforum, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  2. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of social media sites out there, we can choose to drive traffic to our sites.

we need to find out which one of those sites work better for us.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  3. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn has great power especially from the professional point of view. The audience is highly targeted and educated which can be maneuvered for own benefit.

traxport121, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  4. A+ Global

A+ Global Active Member

Best Answers:
    For professional connections and interactions, it is a must to have Linkeld.

A+ Global, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  5. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is a powerful social site and tool to generate traffic on site.
    Linkedin is widely popular social network of Professionals.
    These two are great to get traffic on site and promote site on these two media sites.

rankwatch.com, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  6. sogregory

sogregory Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It comes down to having the right fit sometimes...FB is driving the most traffic for me but leverage all platform probably is the best way to go about it if yo have the resources.

I want to move to youtube next after fb but i'm learning each platform as i go along

sogregory, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  7. Janeth

Janeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of talk about traffic and while that's awesome what kind of conversions are you getting?

Janeth, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  8. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social networking site because a research shows that 1 of 5 woman in US are using pinterest. Even the eBay site is redesigned with pinterest like feed. Therefore, every eBay seller should use pinterest to sell more on eBay. You can read further about this in the following link:
    http://www.online-business-virtual-assistant.com/blog/5-effective-tips-to-increase-your-ebay-selling-using-pinterest/

sharondzouza, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. ritesh8385

ritesh8385 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will choose pinterest,have been quite successful in driving the traffic through it.
    Linkedin is also good but,i found it tough to generate traffic as compared to pinterest.

ritesh8385, May 3, 2013 IP