1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Or Other Platform?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Manu_Techno, Feb 3, 2013.

?

What site do you prefer for a blog?

1. Wordpress

88.6%
  2. HTML

2.9%
  3. Other

8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. natyk

natyk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend WordPress software too, very easy to use and manage program. Visit bktemplates.com and see how simple and fast you can design a template.

natyk, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  2. fachry.abdillah

fachry.abdillah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress orverall better than the others for SEO optimizing and I think wordpress born for this job :)

fachry.abdillah, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  3. Cody Bridges

Cody Bridges Peon

Best Answers:
    I would def go with word press. I use it to promote global domains international and it is better than any other tool. You can use all sorts of plug ins for all kinds of different things.

Cody Bridges, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. dotstar_domains

dotstar_domains Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I go for Wordpress and I use YOAST as SEO plugin

dotstar_domains, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. Lemezo

Lemezo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Manu Techno, I suggest that you use wordpress because it's the fastest and most updated blog platform at the current time. And you have allot of templates to choose from. It's easy to use, clear admin and WYSIWYG editor, menu editor, etc. I highly recommend it.

Lemezo, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WP but with a html page as your index is how I usually do things.

Revelations-Decoder, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's funny, WordPress while awesome is definitely not for everyone. I personally have a great time trying out all sorts of different CMSs. Joomla and Drupal are also good options, and really make up the big three in my mind. You could also consider some of the other less well known options like ExpressionEngine, Statamic, or even Ghost is a pretty nice alternative if you're just looking for a blogging platform. This article has some nice WordPress alternatives. http://www.wiredtree.com/blog/5-content-management-systems-you-should-know-about/ Hope this helps.

SlimCharles47, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  8. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress all the way. Been using it since 2006 (hope I'm not mistaken) and it's clearly a great platform. Very easy to use and customize. One more advantage: there are countless developers for it, so, if you need help, there's like a gazillion of people who know how to do it :D

SuperiorWD, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  9. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress with lot of plugins and theme !!!

junedc, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  10. nichemarketers

nichemarketers Member

Best Answers:
    I say go with Ghost for pure blogging, I know there are so many Wordpress fans but even know the plugins are plentiful and it's easy to use it's no CMS, it never was actually. WP is great for sites up quick but it all depends on the project. Sometimes I use WP and sometimes I use ExpressionEngine, it all depends on the scope.

How about Craft CMS, I have not used it yet but you will be seeing more about it in the coming years. My biggest complaint about WP, to many updates due to mainly security breaches or when I upgrade a plugin breaks. Though that could be the case with any blogging or CMS, than you deal with plugin creators that are MIA, best to go with paid plugins. If you are going with WP, scope the project out, make sure it does not cost you double in the end using WP, like I have seen dozens of times before from my past clients.

There is no slam here against WP but many times we allow ourselves free reign to simply keep using a product just because we have sworn by it to others, never be afraid to risk for the right change.

nichemarketers, Apr 30, 2014 IP