1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How We Get "likes" ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by love2all, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you post just to get likes; it will be harder to get them.
    If you post sincerely to share, help or even joke; unconsciously you will get likes.

fau00, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. topminister

topminister Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's very easy.. I got 4 likes before my 30th post.
    You can see the other members profile and check their "Likes Received" by clicking on the number. You will learn easily from this on how they can get likes.

topminister, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Cool, I had asked for that feature to be added and did not realize they had done it. That is a nice fix!

browntwn, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe DP should make it more clear that you can't like until you have status, this is very confusing..

I've been a member here since 09 and love to pay people for logos and now I can't anymore since all these new memberships came into place...

I cant like posts because I'm too new...
    So i go answer a page full of questions in WebDev section of the site since thats my expertise only to find out that the users I'm answering are mostly newBs and they cant even like my answers that took some time to come up with.. My answers are not short, im writing scripts for people in some of these answers and people are thanking me inside the thread but not using the likes because they either dont have the access to do that or can't find the like button.

I think DP is such a great resource, but not members are being pushed away because of this setup. People dont know they can't post in Marketplace, there's just no button.

That already gets users frustrated who want to spend money on other DP members. Then they find out that they have to get likes so they answer 30-40 questions, only to find out that those users cant repay by liking the post. More users get frustrated... and leave...

[​IMG]

I've spend 2 days and about 4 hours on here, ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS PURCHASE A LOGO IN YOUR CONTEST AREA !

I'm ready to give up, so much work just to get a post onto the market place, I've been here for 4 years ! Seems like unless I pay $125 for the membership I wont be able to run my contest. And I'm not about to drop $125 on a logo that I need that costs $40.

Very Disappointed DP user,

And yes erase this post like all my other posts about this, because its not praising DP. You should really listen to your subscribers, without them your site is nothing.

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    fau00, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I can message 15 people and it will take 15 min and go to 15 people. Or I could just make the post and let it be viewed by 1000+ people. i dunno .... seems very difficult

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's simple: Just try to help people posting in domains you're experienced with.

VideoWhisper.com, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to give designers business and DP is not letting me...
    Imagine how many other people there are like me on here. Think of all the business that's being lost.
    4 years I've been here :(

Did you see the screenshot above ?
    Have a look at any of those answers, they are not short answers.

Seems like people just can't 'like' like my account. So you have a bunch of people in here who can't like other people's posts and can't like till they get likes. Its like a circle working against each other, unless you suck up to people to get likes or pay the $125 fee.

Ridiculous !

It's pretty obvious the like button is hidden and disabled for most users so they get more subscriptions to this site. Have a look at everyone's likes.

Most people have 5-10 max, yet they have avg 200 posts, are you saying that people just hate everything around here ? or is the button just not there for people to use, think about it

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  9. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The way I see it is when a member asks a question, one of the first people to responds, answers the question. Next comes a litany of I agree type posts or posts that essentially restate the same thing. All too many of the posts in a thread add nothing of value to thread.

Smyrl, May 2, 2013 IP
  10. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I should only answer people with established status, or paid status, since those are the only ones who can thank and like my answers in return... this is not a good a good way to promote business

perfect example right here

[​IMG]

Just got this notification, User is thanking me but can't like my post because again they don't have that ability since nobody liked their posts and so on...

So even when you do help people, it don't count towards your 'Likes', so I guess I shall only help the paid members

very sad what happened to this site, this was one of the top resources on the web, but not like the rest of the crap online everything is sliding down hill to make those numbers :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
    kingofdollars likes this.
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I get the impression that DP isn't really promoting business in terms of BST. :p It's more like they have got the situation under control now (or not as bad as it was), but results in headaches for some people. (Just remember though - DP doesn't make money from BST, doesn't benefit from it at all, just the headache of moderating. If you can imagine yourself at the other side? There are two sides to every coin. Can't please everyone.)

For what it's worth, I'd say keep at helping anyone. I give likes to people usually if they make me laugh or have provided good advice to someone else (and not because they have done something to benefit me). Probably some other people do the same. Give it some time as you've just been at it since today. (There isn't an army of like-givers sat there 24/7 reading every post.)

ryan_uk, May 2, 2013 IP
  12. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice quote about the "coins". This is also what I think.
    Do you hate the barrier at airport such as security screening, baggage examination, etc? It also takes some time. But we need this to prevent the crimes.
    It's just simply the same thing here on DP. It's just a barrier to the spammers who can make easily spam threads on the old BST section. And we need this to prevent the spammers and keep the quality of threads on BST section.

fau00, May 2, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP doesnt make money from the ADs ? come on get real, there are ADs all over the forums, look at the screen shot above it has ads in it.

I understand maybe for brand new members but my account is 4 years old. And even new members should be able to like something.

cadsii, May 3, 2013 IP
  14. djixas

djixas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This seems super unfair, been member for 8 years and suddenly I have treated as a scammer for no reason.

djixas, May 4, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Huh? Who treated you like a scammer, and what did they do exactly?

digitalpoint, May 4, 2013 IP
  16. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi likers,

when will i get likes, from very long time i am sharing so much nice information but nobody cares to like my post.

only 2 likes needed and nobody caring about me.

please suggest me what i must do to now.......

neil_buzzerchat_staff, May 10, 2013 IP
  17. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I suggest you read this entire thread.

Smyrl, May 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  18. FunkyDog

FunkyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree it's nearly impossible to get likes here... i even start threads with genuine good info and no likes at all...

Kinda hard for a 7 year old member like myself, on top of that i had a very good iTrader in the old system and whatever the moderators say it was NOT taken to my new profile on the new system...

VERY dissapointing knowing i have been a member for over 7 years.

FunkyDog, May 13, 2013 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

Your itrader wasn't that good: Legacy iTrader rating: 13 - (88.2%)
    thats nothing to be proud of..besides it was reputation that was converted into likes not itrader

malky66, May 13, 2013 IP
  20. FunkyDog

FunkyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think my rep was also good and to comment on your post... 88,2% just says that ONE person gave false iTrader, i even opened a thread about it back then but i got no reaction....

FunkyDog, May 13, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.