1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If You Are A Good Writer, Why Not Write For Your Own Websites?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by thesickearth, Feb 10, 2013.

1. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    my point exactly. I'd love to see an author who can write a readable, let alone valuable, article on any subject. A lot of these authors can't even write a short email in English

thesickearth, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. kimkay

kimkay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The reason writers do not always write for their own sites is for the simple reason that they have to subsist i.e. they have bills to pay. Writing for your own website does not begin to pay off immediately and it actually takes time if you don't have the resources to build traffic and make anything substantial ... in the meantime, the only way to survive is to offer your services as a writer.
    To your next question, most gifted writers can research and write well on any topic. When you talk of a few cents a word, that is quite relative because it really depends on an individual's cost of living. You don't expect someone living in New York to charge the same fee as someone living in Calicut, do you? The fact that the guy in Calicut is charging a few cents is a mere reflection of his cost of living and has nothing to do with the quality of his writing.

kimkay, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are indeed things that are a part of my everyday life that I write about. But, I suppose my real passion is exploring new ideas, learning something new and then sharing the information and my own ideas with others. That's what's fun for me. It can be learning and writing about a new client's business, dandelions, Yosemite National Park or cement floors in refrigerated buildings...it all fascinates me.

Writing for money doesn't have to diminish the passion of the writer or the readability of their work. Adding keywords into the piece is simply a requirement for writing on the web.The trick is adding them such a way that readers don't see them because they blend so well into the piece.

A good writer can literally write about a bucket of cow manure and make their readers smell it, feel it and still desperately want some of their own.

What would be boring for me is if I could only ever write about one topic, even if it was one that I had a passion for.

YMC, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not understand the question in this thread. Why does it have to be an or/or situation while, like in my case it can be and/and. I do write for and maintain a truckload of websites I own(And earn some decent cash from it as well I might add), but that still leaves me plenty of time to write for others. Me being the type who can't sit still anyway, it's a match made in heaven :)

Kraven2, May 1, 2013 IP
  5. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Domnia. Writing for clients is the easiest way of making quick money. Writing for own website is not all when you want to start earning just from 2morrow. You have to write for your site, promote it and need lots of other efforts to make money and the most important part is you may have to wait for months or years to start decent earning from it. Whereas, you can just create some perfect samples to showcase the clients, approach few of them and get order and you are ON... You will get money within days for your effort and you can enjoy working as a writer for client's sites.

Now when you are talking about writing for cents then probably there is a factor of difference in currency value in different countries. For example let us consider $1 as 1 unit in America, but the same $1 will be equal to 50 INR (50 units or sometimes more) in India and may be some more or less in other countries. So, if someone from USA will ask $50 for writing a certain article, the same article may be charged only $1 by some 3rd world countries and if you really have to blame something then you can blame the difference in currency value and not the skilled writers from the 3rd world countries.

This is why most developed countries are these days outsourcing their projects to 3rd world countries at very cheap rates.

digitalcreativenetwork, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. fredrick ngugi chege

fredrick ngugi chege Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I write for clients because I want to make extra income. In any case, you can't sell your services if you know they are below standard. And if at all clients are happy for the services you offer then nothing should stop you from selling them to willing clients.

fredrick ngugi chege, May 2, 2013 IP