1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Baffling Rules and warning

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Nobby, Apr 29, 2013.

So i posted a request in a the content forum for someone to help me move my site content to another site. It seems perfectly relevent to me, but apparently not to site admins. Fair enough, if I have posted it in the wrong place, so be it.

So i recieved a warning. Most forum admins would just move the damn post to the correct place, apparently not here. So i followed the link to my warning to see what action I needed to take or what action admins had already taken to move my post.

When I clicked to view the details of my warning I get this:

Digital Point - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    So I can't see details of my own warning as I don't have permission. Has this place gone mad?
    Can one of the admins, please tell me where my post now is and why i can't even view my own warning?
    I am now half anticipating another warning i can't view for posting a topic about a warning I can't view........

Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that the issue really comes down to the fact that this is a huge site with a small number of staff. So they can't be spending all their limited time moving threads to the correct places.
    Warnings are therefore used as a deterrent so that members will be more mindful and place the thread in the right sections. These warnings make us think (hopefully) before we post.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  3. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought "content moving" into the "content forum" would be correct, I guess Im wrong, but as I can't see the contents of the warning, I dont know how to now find out where my post now is? I guess if the forum is short staffed, they just issued a warning (which i cant view) and then deleted my post?

I guess the lovely warm welcome I get to the site says it all "Read the rules or be banned"

Had a look through "your content" no mention of my thread. So apparently the rules are, if you put a post into a forum which looks perfectly suited for said post, even in name, then you get a warning you can't read and your post deleted.
    Thanks admins, very useful indeed. NOT

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  4. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should recieve an email with the reason's why besides the warning message. Rule of thumb, if you have a gut feeling the section you want to start a thread is not the correct section, create a thread in this section and ask a moderator or admin. Better to ask questions then to do something that you not sure is the right thing to do on here.

snakeair, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You were looking for services outside of Buy/Sell/Trade.

digitalpoint, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  6. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i hear ya, just looked to me like the right place, didn't think too much of it. The warning email said I had posted in the wrong category, as I said seemed find to me. The email did not say what the admin had done to my post, I am now assuming its been deleted, nor did they say which category it was supposed to be in, there are like a billion on here, lottery time!

Buy sell and trade, thankyou, I will go look.

Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  7. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Note since you are not established you are not eligible to post in buy, sell, trade.

Smyrl, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  8. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I go look through the forum list on Buy, Sell or trade, nothing leaps out, so i figured I would post in "Other", but it tells me:

(You have insufficient privileges to post here. [why?])

So I click that and it says:
    Established members are members that have a few extra perks because they contributed something useful to this site. It's actually not hard to become an established member, but it does require some minimal effort... Specifically, you become an established member 48 hours after you register AND 3 different existing established members "Like" something you wrote (asking users publicly or privately for "Likes" will get you banned).

I have a message count of 276, with 53 trophy points (no idea what they are for) but it says I am a "Seasoned User" having been a member for over half a decade. Yet, apparently I only have 2 likes, which seems to be some sort of new version of itrader? I used to have quite alot of that, after may trades and purchases via this forum, so what gives? How did I become so unworthy?

I get warned and deleted for posting about content in a content forum, now after countless purchases I am no longer worthy of posting in a Buy/Sell forum.

I am begining to think i should have just carried out the 8 hour task rather than wasting time on a forum that refuses to let me actually post anything!

Shannon, I am apparently, Seasoned thats surely well beyond Establised?

Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well yeah... if you are not an established user, you wouldn't be able to buy or sell things on this site regardless.

Where are you reading "seasoned user"? I've never seen that here.

10. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Right in my profile page 278 posts, 53 Trophy points and more than half a decade a member, I couldn't make it up.......

I've bought and sold loads of stuff here over the years, templates, directory submissions, content, links, exchanges, all sorts.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh, thought you were talking about user title or something. No... trophies don't give you anything. You can still buy/sell stuff from people offering services/products, you just can't start your own thread is all.

12. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it seems that is something that has been taken away from me, as a quick look through my past posts show I have posted threads in those forums in the past when selling stuff. So i guess, I can't post my thread in the content forum as I get warned and being a member for 5+years with almost 300 posts is not enough to class me as established so I can't post in the buy/sell thread.

So basically, Im screwed.

Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's been covered about 1,000 times here before already... long story short is people always had to be established users to use Buy/Sell/Trade, we just have a better way of measuring someone who contributes something useful to the forum for them to become established is all.

You aren't screwed, like I said... you can still buy/sell stuff... just go to the section and find someone offering the service you are looking for.

14. Nobby

Nobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I can trawl though to hopefully find someone, just more time consuming than a 2 min thread and ultimately saving some time, is why i came here in the first place. Thanks for your comments, sorry If I came across annoyed its not personal, but I am rather frustrated with what appears a silly system that as turned a 2min job into a couple of hours mucking around.

Nobby, Apr 29, 2013 IP