1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review: YouTube Videos site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by monkeyclap, Apr 28, 2013.

Please provide feedback on my youtube videos site (site is here). At the moment it's ad-free so please advise on placements and best sizes to use? Thanks a lot. All other comments will be appreciated as well.

monkeyclap, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  2. arcadegrab

arcadegrab Member

Best Answers:
    1. Great domain name, definitely is easy to remember. I would suggest a sidebar ad (200x200, or if you can expand it a little 300x250).

2. Also probably a 468x60 ad right above the first homepage video.

3. Another way to make money is upload those videos straight to your own youtube account and enable monetization. That way you will make money from the videos embedded as well.

Hope I helped :)

arcadegrab, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  3. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be better with a grid layout instead of having to scroll forever to see all videos.

Wulkanen, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  4. monkeyclap

monkeyclap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. I was thinking on a 160x600 sidebar ad - would that work well you reckon?

'back to top' button implemented (bottom right). Please test and feedback.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    monkeyclap, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  5. IvinViljoen

IvinViljoen Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to know if this is viable. How's the traffic you're getting here?

IvinViljoen, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  6. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site design is simple and looks clean.

Perhaps you could change the size of the videos and put them more in a grid rather than having to scroll for miles.

Advertisement could go just under the top navigation bar. Also, you could put it just below your categories list. Or even between each video when they are listed.

Also, an email list would work as well. You send them an email weekly with the best of X category. You could monetize through that potentially as well. I am not so sure about it, but it's a thought.

Hope that helps.

Iain R, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  7. monkeyclap

monkeyclap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments guys. I did think about making the videos smaller, but I didn't want to make them too small. When users click on the image the video plays, or if they click on the title of the video they are taken directly to the video page. Not sure if that's good or not? :S

monkeyclap, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  8. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:

If you do make them smaller, I would do some testing to see what size is the best for visibility and maximizing the number of videos you can have on a page.

Iain R, Apr 29, 2013 IP