1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is that move a profitable step?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by leandros21, Apr 16, 2013.

Hi i regitered a new domain jquery3.com
    Is that domain probably in the future or now become popular to be bought for high price?

leandros21, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  2. cddhosting

cddhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why not building a site or blog on that domain and keep it live by posting some good stuffs about jquery.

That will really make the name some worth.

cddhosting, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  3. leandros21

leandros21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes my friend, but as you explain i can do it by any domain. My point is if it is profitable just by own(the domain) without create a website

leandros21, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. allroundguy

allroundguy Member

Best Answers:
    jquery3.com could be worth millions of dollars for somebody.
    All You have to do is to find that person.
    Hint: It would be easier if jquery3 was the name of a famous person or thing, or a very scarce mineral.
    Then, try to have no trademark issue or You will not enjoy the money for very long.
    Don't know what will people would pay for jquery1.com, jquery2.com and jquery4.com ...
    If You don't want to use the domain for some project, I think it is better to not spend further money on it.

allroundguy, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  5. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a technical name with top extension so this is good name I would say.

MikeQ, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  6. delix

delix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make a nice pr on the website and then you will get some money

delix, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. allroundguy

allroundguy Member

Best Answers:
    You made it clear that You want to know if jquery3.com as a registered domain, without any web presence an not used for anything has now or could have any value in the future.
    I understand You compare Internet domains with shares that can be traded.

It is useful to understand that shares yield profit only in 3 situations:
    1) When all the shares in a given series are sold with profit. By given series, I mean all the shares in a pack (usually 100 shares per pack) from the same company.
    2) For as long as the all the shares in a given series return enough per selected time unit to satisfy You. Here, You take the risk that the value of the shares can rise or sink in time.
    3) When You sell the shares for sufficiently more than You paid for to get them.

Many people, believe that share trading is more gambling than guessing based upon current positions on the market and the position of the company in question.
    Pure speculation.
    Me too, I believe this position.

Internet domains are also some sort of a commodity.
    The universal business rule is to buy low and sell high.
    That counts for any and all product in a company, and the company with all brands and patents included.

Back to Your initial question:
    jquery3.com as a Internet domain registration has the basic value of the registration fee.
    A selling price could include the registration fee You paid + any other costs made to acquire it.
    Then, the selling price would be break-even.
    So, to make profit, You must markup the domain with at least the registration fee You paid + any other costs made to acquire it + $1.00.

Replace $1.00 with a price that satisfies You, and promote the domain for selling.
    You should determine if:
    1) You want a quick sale to people who want to buy low (retailers and people who have no money, etc.) 2) You prefer a sale to an end-user who has reasons to belief he/she/they need that specific domain for some reason.

The main concern for You, as the seller, is to set a price that You are willing to lower during negotiations, and have patience because it takes time before people find the way to the domain industry and Your domain sale ad.
    The main concern for the potential buyer, if there are no trademark or other legal issues, is budget and time. Budget means, how far can they negotiate about the asking price. Time means how many time do they have before somebody else (competition, etc.) makes an offer on the domain.

I am 62, on the Net since 1993, and I know enough to expertize.
    There are many ways to valuate an item, domains inclusive.
    Personally, I think people who place a bid upon something are also usually interested in obtaining it.
    And usually, delivery including price is the main obstacle.
    So it is usually in the favor of a seller to clearly specify if asking price is negotiable or not.

Now, how much is jquery3.com worth?
    I cannot read the mind of potential buyers.
    Probably, if somebody would want the domain as-is, that person would try to get it for free or not more than registration fee.
    I see no reason why somebody would pay more than said.
    Try to find somebody who has a user name jquery3 somewhere.
    Maybe he/she would pay something for the domain to install an email account in the format
    If it was me, I would set up such an account and contact the person in question, sell domain + hosting.
    I provide such services.
    Success!

allroundguy, May 9, 2013 IP
  8. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can get high profit on the domain. Update it with good content and drive traffic on it then it will get popular soon and you can sell it on high prices.

rankwatch.com, May 9, 2013 IP