1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Domains at GoDaddy Auctions

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Overheard Daily, Apr 18, 2013.

I am selling a few domains at GoDaddy auctions (celebritywise.com , medicalnut.com and minkakellyfans.com )

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience selling domains at GoDaddy auctions, and if there anyone has any pointers for ways of gaining additional exposure to an domain auction.

Thanks for the help!

Overheard Daily, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  2. Zapdaddy

Zapdaddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not had much luck with GoDaddy auctions but I have sold quite a few domains through different auctions over the past few years.
    The most success always comes with exactly what you said "additional exposure" Doing some investigating and sending select emails ( not spamming ) to parties in the specific business that you are targeting can sometimes bring additional bids.
    Also networking and joining various domain groups and forums can help. Expanding my network has helped me sell a few domains also.

Zapdaddy, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  3. Env o

Env o Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have used godaddy domain auctions and I have never gotten one sale through there.

I wouldn't pay for it if I where you.

Env o, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  4. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:

Try to put there 3-letter .com, .net, and .org and see how they are sold in 7-day public auction in Godaddy..

Buying feature listing is good if you are not getting success..

MikeQ, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  5. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been listing my domains there, and some domains got sold here and there. It's not that profitable, though. Try namepros and other sites instead.

Lavonta, May 9, 2013 IP
    dave2013 likes this.
  6. dave2013

dave2013 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive tried the feature listings with no success. The sales ive gotten on godaddy were merely because they were good names. If you have a good domain name, buyers will find it. When I receive an offer that im willing to accept I always send the domain to 7 day auction using that offer as the starting bid. Ive tripled the original offer before doing this.

dave2013, May 9, 2013 IP
  7. Naven

Naven Banned

Best Answers:
    Have used Godddy auctions for buying domain.

Naven, May 16, 2013 IP
  8. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've sold a couple domains through GoDaddy auctions and they go pretty smooth. One key to getting more sales and bids through GD auctions is by not advertising them on forums everywhere.

Someone may be interested in your domain and then Google it. Once they see it listed on a bunch of webmaster forums (especially if it's listed for sale on the forums) then they may get turned off.

FPForum, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  9. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried selling some names on there but havn't had much luck. I did sell a name that I forgot I had up there, but it was only for $20 or so as I was just trying to get rid of it.

The good thing about having your name on auctions is that if someone tries to hand register it on GoDaddy, it will bring it the fact that it is for sale and give them a chance to buy it off you.

.hawaii, Jun 3, 2013 IP