1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does pinging your links affects your site in SERPs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mobi4all, Apr 10, 2013.

i have searched many times all over the web to get a good intro about Pinging URLS but i couldn't find any exact info about that, some people says that Ping is just useful for indexing and nomore, others say that it's useful for indexing and also in your position in SERP, what you think guys?? i need to know your opinion and your thoughts about that if you have anything useful to share with us about that it would be so great

mobi4all, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. eliteinfoworld

eliteinfoworld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pinging is useful only if you update or add new content on your blog, just ping URL and Content title those blogs. Pinging is helpful to crawl and indexing quick way. No useful for getting better ranking means 1st page on Google.

List of auto-pinger sites:

1. PingOMatic.com
    2. PingMyBlog.com
    3. FeedPing.com
    4. AutoPinger.com
    5. FeedShark.com
    6. Pingler.com

eliteinfoworld, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think pinging only help your updated blog to get index rather than your SERP. Because SERP depends only upon the quality of your site in terms of its useful content or relevance or usefulness to users..

afoley77, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are on a Wordpress blog, you don't need to ping your blog often. You have rpc.pingomatic.com that pings networks automatically once you update a blog post.

sipltech, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. mobi4all

mobi4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    So that means Ping is only useful for indexing nothing more than that !!!

mobi4all, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you're not indexed, then your "SERP" will not exist.

RoguePyro, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  7. sipltech

Best Answers:
    At first we must understand what exactly a ping network do, how it work and how much ping one should do. If you ping your post, it does't give you guarantee that it will be on roll at Google index. Similarly if you attempt too much pings using various ping networks it will be called ping spam because most aggregaotors uses common ping networks. Wo

In Wordpress Pingomatic provide this automation and today Pingomatic is largest amongst the other network. This is simply a XML-RPC base system by which all wordpress blogs notifies Pingomatic server about a new post or updated contents (in case you are updaing your old post). This way it generates a feed of blogs which are updated with new contents.

Now aggregators, you may name them Feed Aggregator, News Aggregator or RSS Aggregator pulls newest updated posts as syndicated contents, here if you use several ping tools the notifications will be sent to them several times and chances are there to get your URL blocked from these Feed Aggregators.

For example Feedburner Feeds (a Google service) is fething updated contents from Pingomatic, if they get pings again and again from other Ping servers they might treat the same as Ping Spam. Instead using one ping server and content is syndicated to multiple readers, aggregators improve your chance to get indexed in short time. Still every one loves new and updated conted contents whether they are Bots or Human.

In my openion use of rpc.pingomatic.com (default ping server for Wordpress) is quite enough for a blogger. Hope this clears the cloud.

sipltech, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Pinging helps in fast indexing of your blog post from what I know, I don't think it is of any more use than it.

eric_wahlberg, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  9. mobi4all

mobi4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    SO clear dude
    so what do you thing about some people that is advising to edit the list on ping sources which we have in wordpress and they put more than one source i think it's about more than 10 sources as i remember, what do you think about that, doesn't harm the website or it do just the same as pingomatic.com and google will not count it as many pings for each post ???

mobi4all, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  10. sipltech

Best Answers:
    I don't know what others are suggesting, But I will personally restrict myself to PingOMatic. Pinging to multiple list of services are things of past and even I am using a single ping service, I will love to use Wordpress Ping Optimizer. It prevents the technical glitch of pinging too much even on rpc.pingomatic.com, For example you are editing your new post to fix issues several time, then the default cron jobs set in WP cron.php is bound to ping same post again and again.

To add extra ping shots to my blog I will only use Google Blog Search Ping service. That's it! Ping spam is one thing that catch innocent webmasters, they don't even use big pinglist, still they fall in trap.

sipltech, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  11. mobi4all

mobi4all Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's my first time to know that when editing posts make ping again and again !!!!!
    i guess i'm gonna use Ping Optimizer to make it much better

mobi4all, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  12. iweb

iweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have personal experience with one my site. I changed the ping rules to multiple servers and after one month site traffic goes down. Since google is changing Algo frequently, you must stay away from campaigns which may hurt your traffic. Once a prime domain goes down, it has no value. So preserve it.

iweb, Apr 25, 2013 IP
    sipltech likes this.
  13. sipltech

Best Answers:
    One more thing, don't discount your old domains even if they hit by Google penalty. They will be back soon, yes you must stay away from domains like this xxx-xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx.com so the same of keywords. iWeb I am keen to know the experience from real users, you can always PM more details on how you recover and what exactly happen. You must has analytic report with you.

sipltech, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  14. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    Pinging simply helps get your content indexed faster. It doesn't necessarily put you on page 1 of Google. The exception would be if your content is on a a site that already ranks well for...just about everything.

If you post on a site that's low to average authority, all you did was ring the doorbell and tell Google, "Hey, I wrote some new content." It will simply get indexed. Your content could end up on page 3 or page 30.

I have heard that getting author status on Google Plus can help get your up on the first pages of the search engines pretty fast. Within a couple days. But I don't understand all the ins and outs of that, yet. You'll have to research it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Augra, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  15. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main purpose of pinging is letting search engines know that you have updated your site, or you have created something new which search engine is not aware of, so you can let them know, thats it, when you would ping search engine spiders would come to your site, pages to crawl content and they would be indexed.

alex06295, Apr 25, 2013 IP