1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review this directory template design

Discussion in 'Design' started by Ibn Juferi, Apr 25, 2013.

Ibn Juferi, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  2. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I consider this a cheap way to get traffic. But if you're genuinely looking for review than please provide us with further details, like:
    • what is you motive/ goal for this website
    • what specifically you want us to focus on
    • Why you want us to review this website, did you find any issue with this
    • How our reviews can help you

khemraj, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  3. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not wish to review the design, don't come here and pollute my thread with your fanciful accusations. Shut up and get lost.

For others, please provide me with your honest review of the design I posted and I welcome your feedback.

Ibn Juferi, Apr 25, 2013 IP
    browntwn and newbie191 like this.
  4. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good concept and I can understand you are using the dark red color to get fire effect. Maybe its just me but when I go to a directory site I like to see a simple clean template with lite colors. Dark red is the last color I'd want to see in a directory site. Its just my opinion maybe there are other people who like this template. For "fire" you can use yellow or off white color I think that will look better. Or just use a logo which has "fire" in it. :)

newbie191, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  5. wren11

wren11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couple things i thought id mention from just having a quick glance,

1) The colors are to bold and shadowy but this is just a personal preference rather then opinion!
    2) The font surround the navigation should be more visible, Including the search box
    3) I think the Horizontal HR separators would look better goldish to suit the theme color

overall it looks good pretty good, 6/10!

wren11, Apr 26, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. moonlightgaze

moonlightgaze Member

Best Answers:
    I really love the design. The color theme is really amazing and very easy to understand and seems it wil lbe easy to navigate. Two thumbs up. I'm impressed.

moonlightgaze, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  7. M3RK

M3RK Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok you asked for an honest review
    From a design perspective i honestly think its terrible the colours are all wrong it looks like a pair of curtains from the 70s in the bg then the outer bg tries to be all cool and modern,tbh the 2 colours dont blend well at all,the coding looks quite good however but pretty basic in todays standards,get the colours right and you ma have something usable,check the colour wheel for colours that go together well and start from there

[​IMG]

M3RK, Apr 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and sarahk like this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The text is too small - I don't want to have to work that hard to find what I'm looking for. Be creative and think about what the end user wants... actually who is your end user - directory submitters? people looking for info? Probably just submitters so consider that they want to find the right category quickly... help them do that. Your design doesn't.

sarahk, May 4, 2013 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have an issue with the DIRFIRE logo. I think it does not read cleanly. When the flame is over the letters, the way it is designed with that particular font, the R is hard to distinguish from an A, so it looks like DIAFIRE. I would probably just slide the fire over to the right, so the word FIRE has the fire over it and the DIR part is more easily readable.

Screen shot 2013-05-04 at 4.29.04 PM.png

browntwn, May 4, 2013 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That just drew my attention to the byline. The template doesn't allude to how you discern that the sites are "the hottest". It would be good to have a section showing the all time hottest on the homepage perhaps - and certainly a link to an FAQ explaining your policies. I'd like to think "top hits" wasn't how you judge "the hottest" because that relies on the users of your site to cast some sort of vote - while you claim to take a broader picture.

sarahk, May 4, 2013 IP