1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link from header vs link from text

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pamir, Apr 24, 2013.

Hello colleagues,

I have the possibility to put a link on a website, that is in the same niche. What do you think is better:

1. Link from the header menu (it will be sitewide)
    2. Link from text on home page, for example, 300 words text, presenting my site, which will remain on home page permanently?

pamir, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would want mine in the header sitewide because some people don't land on the site from the homepage... Just my .02

superrichguy, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  3. pamir

pamir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are absolutely right from the traffic point of view, but what about the SEO effect?

pamir, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it will be better sitewide for the same reasons. Some pages are ranked higher in google search for certain keywords and if your site is on the first page I don't think it would have the same effect. But that is just from looking at my sites and how they behave.

superrichguy, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  5. pamir

pamir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I understand your point, but I am just concerned because it is widely shared opinion that Google don't like site-wide links. But I don't know whether it is about sidebar and footer, or even about header.

pamir, Apr 24, 2013 IP