1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think this pic look photoshopped? My first try at editing

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by daisuke48, Apr 22, 2013.

I don't really know whether I did this right. I put one picture with the other picture together and add a background to match. Does this look obviously photoshopped or you can't really tell?

[​IMG]

daisuke48, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  2. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People match with the background perspective, only what bugs me is his hair on her face. You should put some shadows on her right side of face. But overall great :)!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    GFX2, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  3. daisuke48

daisuke48 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice! I'll try to improve. Is the correct way of moving background by using mask + brush or using lasso tool? Because at first I use the former but then I found out the latter is easier.

daisuke48, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  4. tlow617

tlow617 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup, the girl looks put in there.

tlow617, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  5. cadavr

cadavr Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe if her head was tilted a little bet to the left (her right) and slightly closer to screen (bigger). very nice though :)

cadavr, May 8, 2013 IP
  6. Jignesh Khatri

Jignesh Khatri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great work mate! It looks real. Have you learnt how to work with photoshop or just tried yourself..? ;)

Jignesh Khatri, May 15, 2013 IP
  7. markwill1980

markwill1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is actually pretty good for your first try. If an average user checks it out for 2-3seconds or less, theyll be convinced. The biggest thing with putting in objects/people in front of scenes they werent snapped naturally from- is the lighting and color. Lighting first. She is too bright for this picture. The picture appears to be midday and/or after a rain shower- or in a cool shaded area. The second is the coloring. If I take a picture in a park under the trees after it rains, it will have a light blue/gray tent(*Generally). But if I take a picture at a sunny beach in Jamaica midday, then the picture will have a natural Slight Slight yellowish/reddish tint.

Now these are generals. It all depends on the settings and quality of the camera. But keep these in mind. And it wouldnt hurt to blur both of the people in the pic. Not alot. Just to get it down to the clarity of the background. A Shalow dept of field wouldnt *Generally(Yes, I said "Generally" again) be achieved on basic regular(non-professional?) pics out of a small point and shoot camera. And chances are more likely these two people would be just hanging out snapping some pics with a regular camera..

Excuse all the "General.." statements. Just trying to give more of a background and theory. As this will help you become better at your digital imaging.

markwill1980, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  8. Lucas Vu

Lucas Vu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Additionally, I can see that the skin colors are different. Also, the faces are lid with different light sources

Lucas Vu, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. Graphicsfx

Graphicsfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's obvious.

The lighting/shadows and color are off.

Graphicsfx, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  10. GURUSOFIT

GURUSOFIT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    not look fine, because boy's hair are not properly cropped plus this picture is not much close to the reality.

GURUSOFIT, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  11. Oussama_mer

Oussama_mer Peon

Best Answers:
    For normal people its looks real but for photoshopers its a fail ! there is no lighting effect and shadows at all !

Oussama_mer, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  12. FallenShadow

FallenShadow Active Member

Best Answers:
    For a first try it's alright I suppose. But even for "normal people" I wouldn't say it looked real. The two people have different lighting, colouring and shadows. Plus the crop is poorly done and posting his hair over her face shows it even more.

The lasso tool is the wrong tool to be using. You need to learn to use the Pen Tool

FallenShadow, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  13. Anzeb

Anzeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great first attempt.... try to conceal the photoshop, editing should be looked natural and original.... try to improve your croping skills and be the master of tools required....

Anzeb, Jul 16, 2013 IP