1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain acquired in an auction! Is it legal if I..

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Indiabulls, Apr 12, 2013.

I acquired a domain in an auction and now I found that the facebook page and twitter that the first owner created was made using the same domain like I acquired. Do I have the rights to own those pages as I can create a catch all mail and use the forgot password option to get their password easily. Can the first owner take any action against me or its my rights to own those?

Indiabulls, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  2. Snat

Snat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Legally you do not owe those accounts, doesn't matter what email was used as you did not create the account nor have permission to access the account.

Snat, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  3. Indiabulls

Indiabulls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Truly agreed but now if i am using an account with the same email it won't let me register. It tells me account already created. You can click on forgot link if you have forgotten and an email will be sent to you. If i do that then!

Indiabulls, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  4. Snat

Snat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose at best a grey area would be to log in, delete and then create a new account but that account may still actually be in use.

Snat, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  5. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no grey area. The accounts are legally not yours. Will the owner care? Probably not. If you want to be 100% certainly, let the owner know what you're doing and solve your problem easily - why wouldn't they agree?

xanth, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  6. gc1282

gc1282 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try contacting the previous owner and see if he is willing to give you those accounts. I mean, he doesn't need them anymore I'm assuming.

gc1282, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  7. betteb

betteb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you only purchased the domain name, so that is all you legally own now, nothing else related to the business.

betteb, Apr 21, 2013 IP