1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to run two site on own domain

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by dineshsingh1984, Jan 4, 2013.

how to run two site on single domain first sites run on root section
    for example : first site

www.example.com

and second site run on after domain in folder

for example : second site
    www.example.com/test

how to run in drupal
    i'm trying but show error in internal page 404 page not found
    so plz help me.............

dineshsingh1984, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  2. kajol

kajol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should work, try adding RewriteBase in test site's .htaccess file.

kajol, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  3. livesbest

livesbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're actually trying to have two separate sites, I'm not sure how you can do it without setting up your Drupal installation as a multi-site installation. It's really not that complicated and just requires creating a new database for the new site, adding a directory, and running the install script.

livesbest, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. nmridul

nmridul Member

Best Answers:
    Are you running Cpanel ? Following is rough procedure.
    You can install Drupal directly under public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/ and another drupal in public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/test and you should be all set.
    Or install drupal under both public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/Drupal and public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/test . For the main site, modify the htaccess to point to "Drupal" folder.

If you are talking about test.YourBlogAddress.com , then here is the rough procedure.
    Add your domain YourBlogAddress.com as Addon domain. Note down where it points to -> Normally public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/
    Now add subdomain test.YourBlogAddress.com -> Point this also to public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/
    You should install all drupal files under www.YourBlogAddress.com/ (change it according to what you have in your system)

Now create folder test.YourBlogAddress.com and YourBlogAddress.com under the sites directory (public_html/YourBlogAddress.com/site/) and move your settings.php files there.

nmridul, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  5. inganta

inganta Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it with drupal multisite. I like Drupal multisite because it will not increase big disk size because all sites use the same code(file).
    more info at http://groups.drupal.org/multisite

inganta, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  6. Patrick Nelson

Patrick Nelson Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on your exact requirements, the Domain Access module (and associated modules) provide a handy, easy to use solution: https://drupal.org/project/domain

Patrick Nelson, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  7. ajf7688

ajf7688 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You Can go with two approaches here

1.Drupal Multisites - Its a Multi-Site approach where each site has a different database, and you have to use the sites folder to separate sites , however the codebase is the same for all sites

2. Domain Access Module - It runs from a single Drupal install and all your sites are contained in one DB

In my opinion 2 is Easier to Setup and Manage if your Drupal Sites are not complex, when you reach that complexity where domain access cannot cut it, You can look into AEGIR which used the multi-site concept, and makes management really easy

ajf7688, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  8. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    The question is not about multi-site, I guess that goes over the limits of our friend here as well. Just create a sub-domain from your cpanel or what ever your host uses.

ram4nd, Aug 29, 2013 IP