1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Believe That Host Gator Hosting Affects The SERP Of A Blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by lead2play, Mar 22, 2013.

?

Do You Believe That Host Gator Hosting Affects The SERP Of A Blog?

1. Yes

14.3%
  2. No

71.4%
  3. May Be

14.3%
    Some bloggers were discussing that by hosting a blog with Host Gator, we are forcing Google to lower our SERP and those bloggers were also planning to prepare a report about it. So, Do You Believe That Host Gator Hosting Affects The SERP Of A Blog?

If yes, then please accompany some proofs. It will help many bloggers (even me) who host their blogs on Host Gator.........

lead2play, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  2. Monster_Sam

Monster_Sam Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible, but unlikely.

The only thing that could really be affecting SERPS positions is if the hosting was horrendously slow, causing long page load times and therefore producing a really high bounce rate.

Just my opinion! I'm no expert. I've do doubt Google could do this if they wanted to!

Monster_Sam, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  3. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you Sam, the load time is too slow in Host Gator and their shared plans are already preoccupied with spammer sites. May be a dedicated plan will be good......

lead2play, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  4. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are on a shared server and someone on your server is blacklisted or banned from goggles index and you share the same IP your site will also be affected.

bbrian017, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  5. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think Hostgator or any host for that matter will affect your SERP. It has more to do with your on and off page SEO. I've seen reports showing that even SEO hosting doesn't help with rankings, you just end up paying more for nothing.

quadxnet, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, that doesn't really make sense. the only thing that would is the site speed, which could be faster by using HostGator.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  7. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have came across a nice video, see what Matt has to say - Can a spammy website affect the ranking of other sites hosted on the same server?

Hope it's helpful. :)

I personally think that a dedicated IP should be considered if you are serious about your website SEO. The only way a hosting platform could affect the SERP's is if it gets slow. and start affecting the website speed. As per Google's Caffeine update, website speed and performance are one of the factors counted in the algorithm for ranking a website. Slow websites might be affected in serps. I would suggest to not go for hosting providers offering UNLIMITD space and bandwidth packages. This would at least ensure that small or medium size websites would be hosted on the server.

MilesWeb, Mar 28, 2013 IP
    lead2play likes this.
  8. lead2play

Best Answers:
    I just hope those bloggers complete the report earlier and the result should not be against Host Gator as I have blogs hosted with them.....

lead2play, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  9. lead2play

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the video MilesGeek. Gonna check it out......

lead2play, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  10. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It isnt the matter of HostGator vs any other hosting.
    Service of the hosting provider resulting in loading time can affect the ranking somewhat, though its one of the many hundred factors.

traxport121, Apr 18, 2013 IP
    micksss likes this.