1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get visitors from facebook

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Manojworld, Apr 16, 2013.

Hi i want to know how to get more visitors from FB.
    I already maked a fanpage in facebook but yet i got only 10 likes.

Manojworld, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  2. seo-first

seo-first Member

Best Answers:
    Engage with them... :p

seo-first, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need to engage them; interact with them. Share interesting or entertaining content from your site and from other sites which they will find helpful or funny. When they like what you share and then share that with their followers, then you get more backlinks and more traffic back to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. aseohosting

aseohosting Member

Best Answers:
    Starting the Facebook page is only the first step. Now, you're going to have to post interesting content that people will share, comment on, or like. This will help your organic growth. You'll also need to engage others, by doing the same. If you go at it with the idea of building relationships and being part of a community instead of just increasing likes, you'll see the like increases start to happen organically. Also, if you have active Twitter or Google + accounts, you could let your current followers know that you're on Facebook now.

aseohosting, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  5. Jing_MorinHosting

Jing_MorinHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Invite as many as you can, then post and post and post :)

Jing_MorinHosting, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  6. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be an active Facebook member..by commenting on others posts, sharing others posts, likes others posts..And also share interesting eye catchy posts with others..make more and more friends, tag more people in your post, use interesting captions, description with your post, invite people to like, share or comment on your post..Don't always post about your business posts..Create event for your fanpage, create and join Facebook group..Chat with your friends to make them like your post..

afoley77, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  7. shashibca8

shashibca8 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to huge visitors in very sort time then you have to create FB add, otherwise connect to many people and post valuable information.

shashibca8, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  8. sflorin

sflorin Active Member

Best Answers:
    create fb add and interact with your fans.
    You can create a contest at the end of which to offer a small prize

sflorin, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  9. alexau

alexau Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the nature of your website. It could be relatively easy for some websites but also could be hard for others.
    Here is an idea - people like free stuff, discounts, etc. If you want people to like you, give them some reward.
    A couple years ago I was involved in marketing of an e-commerce website. We did promotions 'Like as on Facebook and receive $20 discount coupon' and 'Tell your friend about this promotion and receive a free gift'. During the very first month we have received about 15,000 likes. This also helped to increase website traffic and online sales dramatically.
    However, it could be very difficult to archive without a significant investment (I mean both time and money).

alexau, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  10. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Everything everyone has said on this thread is pretty much correct, I reckon. But, notice the one thing they all have in common. You have to spend most of your life on FB, interacting, creating, lol-ing, liking and sharing. This is great if you don't have a life to go to. :)
    The problem I have found with FB is that most people don't go there to BUY. They are there to joke around, post updates, post photos and generally be sociable. Which is why it is called a Social Network, I guess.
    I have tried FB ads several times in different niches and the results have always been abysmal. Serious loss of money. That is why so many big companies are removing their FB pages. They are more trouble than they are worth sometimes. You do something wrong, somebody takes a set against you and WHAM, your FB page is full of haters. Your brand is trashed.
    This hasn't happened to me as I was never deep enough into FB for anyone to care. Thank goodness.
    I think Alexau has it right. "Without a significant investment. (I mean both time and money).
    The idea of marketing on FB is great. It is just that the reality is so much worse.
    Which reminds me: I went to the gym last night and then almost forgot to update my FB status. What a waste of a workout that would have been....:D

dailybread2011, Apr 19, 2013 IP
    Focl likes this.
  11. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Create engaging content, which users would like, comment on and share with their friends or followers. 2. Create a contest and give away an exciting prize which would attract lot of visitors, likes and engagement on your FB page.
    3. Its not about getting more likes on your Facebook page, its about getting people to engage - mainly share and comment on your posts is what should be given more priority.
    4. Promote your FB page on the posters of your brand round the web, create awareness of your brand both offline and online.

rankwatch.com, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  12. skytouch

skytouch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have lots of fb friends then it's quite easy for you .but remember one things that you have to continue with it....

skytouch, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  13. IvinViljoen

IvinViljoen Member

Best Answers:
    Get more likes through a page ad. Share great content via rich images and promote it. Keep your Edgerank up. That's my skinny.

IvinViljoen, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  14. Smartertrading

Smartertrading Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got to engage with people on your Facebook page and give them a reason for wanting to be a part of what you are trying to achieve... Oh and persist with it. The likes won't come overnight - you have to work for them.

Smartertrading, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  15. Techquester

Techquester Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is post regularly on your facebook page consistently, always post sharable content on your page, so that it spreads to your friends of friends and this increase chance for liking your page. Make sure to share every post on your facebook profile page, so that your friends might like them. Finally try to engage your page by posting comments on high traffic facebook pages to increase your likes..

Techquester, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  16. Romanz

Romanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find the opposite is easiest. I build good content on my site and have the like box on the site and i get likes there and then more people interact on facebook because they are liking my content from before facebook. This is if you don't do promotions, i think it's best way.

Romanz, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  17. Romanz

Romanz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find the opposite is easiest. I build good content on my site and have the like box on the site and i get likes there and then more people interact on facebook because they are liking my content from before facebook. This is if you don't do promotions, i think it's best way.

Romanz, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  18. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Promote(Boost Post) your post i.e best way to get visitors from fb. Another method , just make a lot of new friends and share your post.

humtuma, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  19. Anilnair

Anilnair Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Apart from your website content add some interesting posts to your fan page and get more interactive. sometimes just web content alone wont make the page interesting to visit.

May be you can also create a completely irrelevant page with some other interesting stuff and later promote your website in that page at later stages.

Anilnair, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  20. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    i personally think that you need an audience to get an audience,
    sound odd right? hear me out... people don't like to get on pages that aren't popular
    therefore i suggest to buy fans and stuff like that, then you post intersting information
    and engage with your audience, after you do this you can start promoting your products

shoogsx, May 10, 2013 IP