1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPC has dropped after getting more traffic/clicks

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Mr.81, Apr 15, 2013.

Hi guys,

Any ideas why my CPC has dropped drastically? So far this year, I was getting around 0.20 per click, but I was only getting a 0.42% CTR. In the month of April, my traffic has increased - I'm also getting a CTR of 1.24% - but my CPC has dropped to 0.06 on average. By the way, this is in Great British Pounds.

I noticed some days that my mobile ads get clicked but do not generate any revenue. Then other days they will generate revenue...

Also, I sometimes check the report and see I have earned, say, £3.00 today, then I click back a little later and it goes down to £2.50, for example.

Any idea why these things are happening, and why the sudden drop in CPC? Thanks!

You can check out my site here.

Mr.81, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  2. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    CPC can fluctuate, if there is a little fluctuation then no need to worry.

And at the end of day, you have finalized earning.... thats why you are seeing the difference.

MikeQ, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  3. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    CPC can change. If it is changing a lot though be sure to make sure your Ad's are placed in the right place to make people click on them! Positioning of your ads is so important!

Jack Matthews, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  4. Eagle Eyes

Eagle Eyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Recently i have noticed CPC drop with CTR increase, thats cause i added additional banner. Why does this happen?

Eagle Eyes, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  5. Mr.81

Mr.81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what's happened today...it says I have 213 clicks from 4,303 ad requests and I've made 48p.

Mr.81, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  6. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I am new.. my first week my cpc was ok, then when i had more click and CTR is around 3 - 4 %.. it has dropped half.. are image higher than text?

point2, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some things to consider, the ad type, for example my image ads get a higher CTR but the pay rate is less than text ads. Also another thing to consider is where is your traffic coming from. If its from countries where ad rates are low then that would drive down your CPC. Lastly is the ad inventory. The more traffic the more ads google has to display, some of what they display maybe of lesser quality then what was previously displayed. There are a lot of things to consider. I just focus on building content and bringing traffic to the site. The CTR and CPC there is not much I can do about that.

soniqhost.com, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  8. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Obviously a lot of those clicks haven't registered. You can email google and ask why they haven't. I advise you do that because it should be more than that. Either that or your click counter is faulty.

Jack Matthews, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  9. saidxx007

saidxx007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    similair problem too

saidxx007, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  10. Mr.81

Mr.81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used mixed ad types, always have...the majority of visitors are from USA. It's weird, yesterday I had 1,980 page views and 4 clicks at 0.25p a click...today I've had 2,088 page views, 90 clicks at 0.01p per click. Some clicks aren't even paying out.

Maybe I should email them...this is on the Google Adsense site where I'm seeing the clicks, so yeah, maybe I should.

It's weird, I can see my earnings drop too. Earlier they were at like £1.50, now they're down to 0.50p.

Mr.81, Apr 23, 2013 IP