1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should the link to your Facebook page be "nofollow"?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Apr 15, 2013.

Hi,

Because it's good to let PR flow naturally, I generally chose to let my social media channel pages/fan pages get some of it. But: I have Facebook, Twitter banners on all my pages and I'm thinking whether to make them "nofollow" or not.

If I make them "nofollow", then more PR could flow to my internal topic pages.
    Not sure...

What do you do?
    What would you do?

Mr.Dog, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  2. matters5

matters5 Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting concern. I never nofollow links excerpt for rare situations. Be (or appear to be) as natural as possible, and don't try to game Google. I don't worry about links to Facebook; it's already so trusted it's not as significant a link to an unpopular website.

matters5, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now correct me if I am wrong but are not no follow links mostly (in Googles case) a way of telling Google something is "not quite right" or not as natural as it could or should be?

Now thus saying stop and think a wee mo.

It's flagging something but what is it flagging? Well argue away on that one if you like ?....
    Are you / we sure 100% it is flagging at the other end what we think it is flagging?

Food for thought eh?

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  4. BayCrazy

BayCrazy Member

Best Answers:
    If your Facebook is a quality representation (as in, you engage with users and it's somewhat of a secondary content production or testing ground) of your company / website... I don't see why you would 'nofollow' your main link. Since the association is valuable, I would let it flow.

BayCrazy, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  5. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your reply is useful, thanks. I personally think I will let it that way too...

Mr.Dog, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  6. martinjohn337

martinjohn337 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes keep it do- follow

martinjohn337, Apr 18, 2013 IP