1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big drop in rankings after google update

Discussion in 'Google' started by nnikolay, Apr 13, 2013.

Hi all,

I am coming to you, because I have very urgend situation. We are a meta search engine presented in 34 countries worldwide. We are trying to bring a bit more value and speed on the job search and help people to find fast new job. We are working legal with over 2000 partners worldwide and we don't scrap any information what many of the webmasters thing for "meta search engines". We have cooperations with the partner and everything is fine.

Since the last update in March we have lost 60% of our traffic from one day to another. The very strange ting is, that google has dropped our all countries at once, where they are complete different TLD's. I am thinking this is maybe manual happen and not with the update, or maybe I am wrong.

Here is one URL of our site: http://jobs.renego.de

Since the update we have made many things on our sites, like reducing the follow links, make the design a bit better, put a an autocomplete feature and and... . The problem is we dont see any effect and the rankings are still very low in compare with other competitors like: indeed.de for example.

I am asking you now and I hope maybe I can become some suggestions why the others are better then us and where are possibly our failures.

Please give me as much suggestions as you can so we can improve our product and become our rankings back.

Thanks
    Nik

nnikolay, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep focusing on things like creating new, quality content, creating a lot of relevant backlinks, etc. Many people have seen site traffic drop with the panda and penguin updates. And remember, there are other search engines like Yahoo and Bing. ;)

danasurvey, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  3. nnikolay

nnikolay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi danasurvey, thaks for your post, but you did't told me something new :-(

I need some information, what is the difference between my site and the other one in point SEO. Is there something, what I have made wrong. It is the onpage seo. Someone with suggestions?

Thanks
    Nik

nnikolay, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  4. Joelle Hoban

Joelle Hoban Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Nnikolay,

Yes, it can be frustrating to be doing well with Google rankings only to lose that and have to start over again.

This is a problem that may have been caused by several different factors. You may never know the exact cause. At this point the best option is to spend your time rebuilding your website and trying to achieve the rank with Google and others your site previously had.

1. Quality Backlinks
    Building quality backlinks, including related contextual backlinks, and keeping them updated is at the top of your priorities if you want to once again boost your rankings. Avoid backlinks associated with spam of any kind.

2. Accurate Web Content
    Keep the content of your website thorough and accurate, corresponding to what your website visitors are searching for.

3. Guest Blogging
    Even though writing blog posts for back-links can be time consuming and takes much effort, it will boost rankings of your site.

4. Social Media
    Join as many Social Media sites as possible; Social Media Sites are one of the best and fastest ways to increase your rankings with Google and other search engines.

5. Directory Listing
    List your site on at least 15-20 directories. The will make it much easier for people to find your website and also increase your rankings in the process.

Keep adding new content as often as once a week.
    Also make linking the top of your priorities.
    If your problem was caused by Google’s update then you will still have to undertake all these measures to regain your rankings.
    You did not mention if your website was offline for any period of time as this can be the cause of your problems.
    Also be sure you have not violated any of Google’s rules.
    These measures will help solve your problem.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    Joelle Hoban, Apr 15, 2013 IP
    Torans likes this.
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks to me like you engaged in a link campaign that got you a number of low quality links. I see a lot of links on "partner" pages. Not good and that would definitely cause a problem and it may take some time to recover from that. As mentioned previously, focus more on content and engaging your users.

dvduval, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  6. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    new google updates have much other than backlinks to care about, visit your webmaster tools, check bounce rate, pages/ visit, what make visitors go out of your site?

abdobasha2004, Apr 15, 2013 IP