1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there any new methods for link building (do follow)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by freakvoldy, Apr 15, 2013.

Hello everyone,

I am new to SEO field and i want to learn as much as I can about link building and it's effect while improving a website's performance in Google Search Results. I have tried social bookmarking as a mazor tool right now, but I would like to learn something different. Similarly, for blog commenting, I have not been able to find do-follow blogs as most blogs only offer no follow comments in their blog. I would be really grateful if anyone can come up with the suggestions for me.

freakvoldy, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    stay away from blog commenting as it is a spam method and will get your site penalized.

social bookmarking is good but you need to mix a lot of other methods to your campaign. just one method itself will never rank a site high. article marketing, web 2.0 page creation, wiki pages, etc will help.

in addition to your regular link building, social media signals play a vital role in your ranking now.

sultanofseo, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  3. lapseo

lapseo Member

Best Answers:
    Only Partly true, blog comments can still be useful providing the comment is relevant to the article, adds value to the discussion and your website is also relevant. It may not pass any PR do your domain (most decent blogs are nofollow) but it can still drive some traffic.

Just use your common sense before posting comments on blogs. Check the metrics of the domain. What is the DA, PA and PR? As long as you aren't blasting your sites with 1000's of comments and you manually reply to the conversation you'll be fine.

OP I would make sure you add a lot of diversity to your link building campaigns. Web2.0s, Bookmarking, Guest Blogging, Content Marketing, Link Baiting, High Quality Wikis etc.

Also, consistency is vital. When back linking you need to ensure that your back link profile looks as natural and building links over a short period of time then stopping isn't good practice, I would also advise you add some nofollow links into your profile too.

Any questions just shout! Good luck :)

LAPSEO

lapseo, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  4. ksb

ksb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are lots of method in seo but you need to follow google policy too. don't do spamy link buidling. here are a few ways you can go with:

the best and #1 method is - Guest blogging (new way to get high quality links)
    do some article submission in high popular article sites
    go for web2.0 sites like squidoo, hubpages etc
    do some niche forum link building
    Q&A are also good to get some targeted traffic
    don't forget social media because it is the new trend in seo

These are basic but most important factors in seo. I hope this could help you to get do-follow links.

ksb, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If all you care about is pagerank, Google for some reason is still passing pagerank from highly spammed pages like these

http://www.blackeyedpeas.com/home/news/831553
    http://www.nature.com/news/hummingbird-flight-has-a-clever-twist-1.9639
    http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110829/full/477018a.html

It makes no sense, but this strategy has been working for months. However there is a BIG BUT, and that is the blog commenting can actually hurt rankings (while at the same time help pagerank display value). I made a doc with many more like this a while ago so I could study and see if google goes in and manually penalizes pages that are allowed to be spammed and it seems the clear answer is "NO". The document was created January 19th 2013. I'll be continuing to chart the progress.

dvduval, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  6. showstopper

showstopper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ksb has a point guest blogging is a great method to get links you can check MyBlogGuest it a really good site and it could help you alot with guest blogging

showstopper, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  7. RafaelJames

RafaelJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some of the newest methods of link building are guest posting, PPT submission, infographics and blog commenting.

RafaelJames, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  8. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from the general and conventional styles, link bait and link pyramid are two very effective link building methods. And due to their power, they should be done with great care and research.

traxport121, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  9. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not true. If done correctly, blog commenting can lead to more traffic to your site, a better rep for your site as well as invites to guest post. It's blog commenting using automated software and such that you should stay away from.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  10. Eddiesharpp

Eddiesharpp Peon

Best Answers:
    If any one need guest blogging site, then contact me on this email ID: . I will provide you guest blogging site for any kind of category which will helps you to post guest post article.

Eddiesharpp, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Love that RafaelJames mentioned infographics. A search engine won't know what is in the infographic but when you create a really good one with useful information people will share it. They will link to it and share it with their blog readers or site visitors as well as share it with their social media followers. Great infographics attract attention and create great linking opportunities.

Jen 101, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  12. freakvoldy

freakvoldy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. I have learned quite a lot from all your replies.

Cheers!
    Nischhal

freakvoldy, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  13. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:

Of course, this is the method which is working now!

MikeQ, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  14. nextgen4d

nextgen4d Peon

Best Answers:
    I will meet you bro but you should clean this plateform so that spam can not be close a great plateform.

nextgen4d, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  15. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely wouldn't agree with you. Blog commenting still works if done correctly as advised above, and it is best source of targeted traffic related to your niche.

SoftDev, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  16. VanessaMeacham

VanessaMeacham Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Blog Comments are very helpful if you do it with Proper Way. you have also include some more Acts. like Article Submission, Blog posting and Directory etc. hope this will help you.

VanessaMeacham, Apr 26, 2013 IP