1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a website without knowing any html coding

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sotirooov, Apr 14, 2013.

You need a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) software or in other words Drag and Drop programs like:
    - Dreamweaver(paid);
    - Amaya(free);
    - Kompozer(free);
    - CKEditor(free);
    - Wix(free);
    - WYSIWYG Web Builder(paid);
    - Atristeer for Wordpress(paid);
    - Microsoft Expression Studio(paid);
    - Alleycode(free and paid);
    - SeaMonkey(free);
    - TinyMCE(free);

With these program you don't need to know any source code to build a website from scratch. In some programs there are premade templates that you can use.

sotirooov, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    even though with all and any WYIWYG softaware you MUST at least get the basic of HTML and CSS... Otherwise you can't really create a Good Website and nice looking with all the new 2013 and UP features needed....

themes4all, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  3. jhine

jhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is setting a very bad example. Learn HTML & CSS and don't rely on WYSIWYG software.

jhine, Apr 14, 2013 IP
    rolodex likes this.
  4. Milo Odin

Milo Odin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Learning HTML and CSS is very easy you can learn all html and css with in week.

Milo Odin, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nice laundry list of how to delude oneself into THINKING you can build a website, when the end result in inaccessible trash that has no business even being put up on the web. Nothing like encouraging the road to failure.

deathshadow, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  6. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    the simplest way to create a website without learning coding is..... Hire a professional to do it for you.

It is just not worth the time learning how to build website properly if you don't want to be a professional developer.

duckz, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  7. wiicker95

wiicker95 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about not doing it? Saves us all our precious time.

wiicker95, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  8. InsaneMustang

InsaneMustang Member

Best Answers:
    I think people should create something if they want to. You just have to find the right host, to me. A lot of places like godaddy and bluehost offer pretty easy website setup's that take most of the hard work out of it. Point and click is extremely popular with some of the scripts. It's something to consider if you don't have the time to learn the craft.

InsaneMustang, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  9. jazzzyman

jazzzyman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let the guy build his sites how he likes deathshaddow. another post for you contributing nothing but your own views.

jazzzyman, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  10. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's easy to learn HTML. Try to visit w3schools, an online tutorial for different programming languages.

rypher21, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but letting people continue to recommend broken, half-assed dumbass idiotic methodologies helps NOBODY. People are dumber for garbage BS tools like the ones the OP listed even EXISTING... and the websites that result from the use of such tools, only continue to prove what total tools the people making sites with them are!

deathshadow, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  12. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer using CMS such as wordpress, joomla, drupal. They are pretty straight forward even for beginner, however to create a unique and outstanding site, some knowledge of coding is inevitable.

fare, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am curious and would like to know if the op is just a spammer creating a generic list without really reviewing the products he mentioned?
    I am all for people creating sites (even if its not perfect) but recommending software without really knowing anything about it doesnt help anyone.

Regarding wix, sure it is almost idiot proof way of making a nice looking website, but you are permanently locked into their system, or you just lose your website and start again with some other system. The time you spend on it, could be better spent put into learning proper coding techniques.

The other thing about wix (i dont know about the other systems you mentioned) is that you put it down as free. Well, when you see the available options that is for free users, I would really say that it is not free and should be listed as paid. In fact the cost of wix is so high, that it works out cheaper to hire someone to create the site for you and host it yourself with a reputable host rather then to create a "free" site with wix.
    Example. To host a site on wix, paying yearly for their most expensive plan ($16.17 per month), gives me 2.5gb storage, 5gb bandwidth, at a cost of $388 over 2 year period. Whereas if you had your own site, you could have it hosted with a reputable host for a cost of $48 over 2 years. Giving you $340 leftover, which is enough to hire someone to create for you, not just a website, but other things, such as logo and graphics.

In my example, a website with wix, after 2 years has cost $388. If you want to change hosts or whatever, you then need to start again, either hiring someone to create a new site, or using a different "free" system. Hiring someone, might sound expensive, but will:
    1. yield better results then using a free system
    2. is cheaper over a 2+ year period
    3. Gives you greater control over your own site.
    4. has long term benefits.
    5. Your success is no longer completely reliant on a company beyond your control.
    6. The point of having a site is usually lost if the site is sub-par. A site with wix, might cost you "$388 over 2 years", whereas hiring someone, building a professional site, might cost more to start off with but over a 2 year period might have earnt back 10 times what the development cost.

As for dreamweaver, dreamweaver is not something that I would recommend to someone without *some* of the basics of coding knowledge, and to be honest, I am not entirely certain that the pricetag of dreamweaver is justified.

I am not an expert on sites or anything, this is just my 2cents worth. It is not my intention to discourage anyone from trying any product listed in this thread, I just want to provide an alternative opinion.

matt_62, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  14. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's Artisteer*, and I strongly recommend it as an awesome web designing tool. It's all about your sense of art, to create your template, it does all the coding and provides a possibility to export ready website to all popular CMS (Drupal, Joomla, WP, DNN)

kenzo22, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  15. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you rely on WYIWYG you will never learn any thing

winas_ben, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  16. Auriga Swayze

Auriga Swayze Member

Best Answers:
    I have a cousin who is 16 or 17, he told me that he was learning how to design & build websites. In response I said, "Ahhh nice, you're learning HTML..."

His response, & I shit you not... "What's HTML?"

The drag & drop stuff is great for some people don't get me wrong, but this stuff is now being implemented into schools.

I'm getting the feeling that the future of the internet may be put in the hands of people who don't know any HTML.

Auriga Swayze, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  17. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Learn to manually code HTML & CSS if you really want to learn web design; if you don't understand web development (e.g. SQL, databases, etc) then try to learn the minimum at least or as a last result hire an experience web developer who knows his or her stuff and keeps abreast to what changes are happening in web development.

muffet, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  18. Jacksons84

Jacksons84 Member

Best Answers:
    You should know about your Tool basic before start your Tool if you are professional in the filed and do not know about the basic of your Tool that its useless for your work.

Jacksons84, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  19. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Making site with just WYSIWYG systems is like trying to work as a quack, just by watching how other do the things.
    WYSIWYG system never provide you anything customized with your brand, you cant EDIT your website on your own, if you dont know basic html.
    Learn HTML + CSS atleast for building websites.

goldenprince000, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  20. kim joshi

kim joshi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, I would also like to add that we can also use some CMS like wordpress, joomla etc. As their themes and plugins are easily available.

kim joshi, Apr 21, 2013 IP