1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best software for creating a website ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by neil_buzzerchat_staff, Apr 14, 2013.

Which is the best software for creating a website ?

Please reply with software names and links.

No plain text editors.

I need something automated like drag and drop.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  2. jhine

jhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you really want to go over the top, then I'd recommend Aptana (http://www.aptana.com/).

jhine, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  3. Skovy

Skovy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, I prefer apatana because is has FTP built in to it. The auto-fill can be a bit bothersome at times because it doesn't do exactly what I want but I get over it.

Really? I would highly recommend learning how to do it yourself by hand. There are so many tutorials and ways to learn out their it's insane. Just do simple google search. You should first learn HTML and CSS. From there you can move onto Javascript and PHP to make your websites actually do something productive. I know you are looking for an easy method but I strongly recommend learning how to develop a website yourself. You will not regret it other than maybe the time required to become knowledgeable and efficient.

Skovy, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  4. sotirooov

sotirooov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try wordpress http://wordpress.org alot of plugins and themes (free and paind), or check these thread some WYSIWYG editors https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-create-a-website-without-knowing-any-html-coding.2650867/

sotirooov, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  5. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is a good CMS with free themes and plugins.

Using software is not a good option without knowing basics of CSS/Html . Its better to go with CMS.

karthimx, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  6. Christian Salway

Christian Salway Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You haven't mentioned whether you want a desktop app or an online website builder, nor which operating system you use. You won't be able to create any decent website with a desktop drag and drop app. You're in the wrong game if you're thinking like that.

As for plain text editors which I know you don't want, but here's a list:

If you're on Mac, Coda or Dreamweaver.
    If you're on Windows, Dreamweaver (check Adobe's website for subscription service to make it affordable)
    If you're on Linux, Aptana or Komodo

* Adobe are bringing out a new version of Dreamweaver next month (May 2013) so you should go for the subscription service at around $19 a month because you automatically get any new versions.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Christian Salway, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  7. GM ORNOB

GM ORNOB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you also use imcreator.com or Artisteer . it is suitable for you , just search for it

GM ORNOB, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  8. jhine

jhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you recommend Dreamweaver over Aptana on a Windows environment?

jhine, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  9. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    i have already tested aptana and artisteer and i want windows desktop software.

my review to aptana : i think its not for beginners its for advanced developers and takes lots of computer resources.

my review to artisteer : doesnt have much layout and cannot do enough changes with this software.

i currently use 1stpage from www.evrsoft.com and i think it is the best but i am looking for best software where i can simply drag/drop tables and make changes in layout and it becomes compatible for all browsers.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  10. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to learn html & css to manually layout your website and make it compatible in all major popular web browsers that site visitors use to arrive on your website. Learn to manually code in Notepad++ and Sublime text 3 editor. Drag and drop desktop software or even online software (e.g. Wix or any other) has its limitations. You simply will not accomplish the dynamic design nor interaction other websites have with drag and drop! There's also Adobe Muse if you haven't already tested it.

muffet, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  11. Christian Salway

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I didn't know Aptana was for Windows as well, but I just looked it up and it is :) . I recommended Dreamweaver because every development company I've worked for used the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver) whether I was working on a Mac or Windows desktop. Both have their benefits I suppose. I like the compactness of Dreamweaver and the way it autosaves before uploading, but I like Aptana for the simple way I can upload to my dev server or live server with the same upload button as wel las the way it picks up the stylesheet entries even if they arent linked into the current file; very useful when using codeigniter. There's also some other stuff like templates which looks useful but havent gotten round to using yet. I'm sure there are lots more things I will pick up on with Aptana, but I have only just started using it.

12. Christian Salway

Best Answers:
    Crickey! Give the guy/girl a chance! At least give them a plain text editor with a preview option like uploading to ftp or a built in web server. Thats going a bit hard core :p .... I just found out Sublime is $70 too :(

13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The best software exists between your ears, meaning you need to learn HTML and CSS or hire someone who does. This:

Pretty much means you don't want to be building websites. Drag and drop style WYSIWYG editors are broken half assed idiocy because by their very nature when it comes to websites, what you see is NOT what everyone else gets. With the range of browser behaviors, browsing devices (including non-visual), screen sizes, resolutions, different available fonts and font renderers, the very notion of using a WYSIWYG editor is a sleazeball shortcut that will result in a steaming pile of manure as it's end result.

Dreamweaver, Aptana, pretty much if it even has a preview pane to show you what it's going to look like, means it's useless RUBBISH. As I've said millions of times by now, the only thing about Dreamweaver that can be considered professional grade tools are the people promoting it's use, and the only thing you can learn from it is how NOT to build a website... and most of the 'alternatives' are even WORSE.

Bottom line, "No plain text editor" means you've shot your horse in the foot before the gate even opened.

deathshadow, Apr 14, 2013 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  14. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can trial or try it out before you commit to purchasing Sublime 3 for continuous use then you have to pay $70. I'm not being hard on him or her. If he/she (OP) wants to learn web design the proper way then learning to hand code manually is the only way to properly learn web design or development. As I said, drag and drop desktop software has its limitations (e.g. transferring the code to a different platform); if you reference sites like Twitter, Facebook or even Etsy they were all manually hand coded. Just pointing out the facts that's all. ;)

muffet, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  15. ferma231

ferma231 Member

Best Answers:
    I think kompozer is good.
    I dont like creatign sites with html, i just make it with kompozer

But now i just use wordpress with some good themes and its easier. Dont you think so ?

ferma231, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  16. Mr-R-T

Mr-R-T Active Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop and notepad+. :)

Mr-R-T, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  17. servcrate

servcrate Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend Sublime Text for the markup but since you are not comfortable with plain text editors and want a drag and drop windows based software .. .then Aptana or Dreamweaver will be a good bet..

But I would suggest that you use some online editor .. a few months back I came across this software in a cPanel which allowed the users to edit the HTML in a WYSIWYG editor, by far this was the most efficient WYSIWYG editor I had ever seen. Cant remember the name of that cPanel addon but will try to find it for you.

servcrate, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  18. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress CMS is best way to create your website while you are not much aware about the website design and development. You can easily create your website, ad/edit/delete the pages, content and images yourself.

creativewebmaster, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  19. rajnish

rajnish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me Word Press,joomla and drupal are the best for creating a website.

rajnish, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  20. SaifuMak

SaifuMak Active Member

Best Answers:
    You had better search for some tutorials on HTML web development. By this, you can increase your knowledge in web development and also make money if you like !

SaifuMak, Apr 16, 2013 IP