1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my band website

Discussion in 'Design' started by Daaronin, Apr 10, 2013.

Can you review my band site so that I can use your reviews when advertising it?

http://daaronin.com/

Daaronin, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. astraldemon

astraldemon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your logo pattern here doesn't look good here and it doesn't need to be so big. Navigation is poor, your intro is WAY TOO LONG, so it looks boring and uninteresting. I first wouldn't want to read that. You should start with some sort of images, probably full width of the template, with content below it.

Well let's just keep it short, this really isn't musician/band theme, I hope this is free theme, you didn't buy Pro version because it's really awful.

You should google some more and find better suited themes, ask for opinions on themes you choose and pay a few bucks for it if necessary.

astraldemon, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ohh, I can't access your site at current time. :)

Hostname.club, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  4. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a website its too flat, and it's not look like a band website..
    Also, I agree with astraldemon who say that your intro is too long..

bluebenz, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  5. freezee

freezee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks pretty nice, I would redo the banner though. It doesn't stick out to me.

freezee, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  6. Daaronin

Daaronin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The theme was free first off, so don't worry. Secondly, that wasn't my intro, that was a blog post, because my website is setup to show the most recent blog posts on the front page. Should I change it to a static directory-style page, or make it an image that has links to the other sections in my site?

and you said that you didn't like the logo, but what do you think I should change about it? the size, or the overall design?

Daaronin, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  7. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look & feel is okay. Navigation is user friendly. Now start the meta tagging & add the sitemap.xml map.

sisatel, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  8. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a master in logo design, usually logo is your band or company logo..
    If your band not have a logo yet, try explore other band logos, and tell your idea to graphic designer (paid or your own GD)..

What I usually see is :
    - your website has static content : intro, links, new album (maybe) and a link to your blog address
    - recent blog post links and/or popular blog post link, linked to exact page..

good luck and keep trying.. :)

bluebenz, Apr 15, 2013 IP