1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to create a business site, but dont know how to begin?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by driftinghere, Apr 11, 2013.

Hey all SEO masters,
    Please forgive me ask this so basic question here, actually i am not a noob SEOer, but due to technical skills i dont know how to begin my own website..i mean what duties i should do first? thanks for all replies! thanks so much!

driftinghere, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would look first at buying a domain and getting hosting. After that, start adding as much original content as you can. Then start promoting your site in different places where people might be interested.

danasurvey, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What kind of business do you want to be in?
    You don't sound like you even have a business plan, a budget (time and money) or a concept

sarahk, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  4. LiveTecs

LiveTecs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to find your website template on TemplateMonster for your business. Website template is much more easier and fastest way to bring your website online.

LiveTecs, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  5. puritanize

puritanize Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got the domain and the hosting. Then went to woothemes and elegantthemes for easy to use templates.

Then started with some basic plugins like all in one seo, google sitemap, and so on....

Seems best to do a few steps, then post here again for help on a specific nest step.

puritanize, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  6. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for your site to be successful for seo please consider the following

have a nice looking clean fresh site

make sure the design layout is in css and not frames or tables

make sure it has the correct tags for headers and images and alternate text

make sure it loads quickly

make sure it does not have any dead links

make sure the content is good concise and has a balance in the words used

make sure it has a site map

submit the site to appropriate directories

have social media on the site such as twitter feeds and face book

have the content updated regularly

use google analytics

tekkers, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  7. nelum8

nelum8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some things that I would start doing right away.

• Buy hosting and domain.
    • Install wordpress, find a nice WP theme and get the SEO plug in. There are other plugins useful but this one is a must have in my opinion.
    • Get on facebook and twitter. Social media is a great way to not only promote your site/business but it also allows you to interact with your users/buyers/fans/etc. I would start with facebook and twitter but you might also want to look at pinterest and google+. Pinterest is good if your audiance is women and/or your business uses a lot of images.
    • Write posts for your site blog. I would write a new post every other day for a couple of weeks and then update daily. Even if your website is not a blog, it might be useful to have a business blog attached to the site.
    • Start doing some more SEO work. Do things like commenting on other related blogs with a good comment and a link to your site. Also, I like answering Yahoo Answers questions with a link to my site in the sources part of my reply. Just be careful when doing this because if you do it too much your account will be suspended.

nelum8, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  8. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Buying a domain and hosting would be a great starting point.

Good luck with everything. :)

danasurvey, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  9. garylroop

garylroop Member

Best Answers:
    I can offer you a Professional Video Training Course,
    That will teach you step by step how to get started.
    Create a word press Website and Sell products
    of your choice for Amazon.com

Please visit my blog for more free info:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    garylroop, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  10. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you should have a good business plan according to your skills, find some less competitive keyword, register a domain name which is relevant to your business, these things are very important.

MikeQ, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  11. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa! basic steps were already shown on above answers, follow them and do research for more detailed information in each steps. Good Luck!

D_C, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  12. BayCrazy

BayCrazy Member

Best Answers:
    First decide what kind of website you want to have or make.

If it's a blog - buy a domain, hosting and install Wordpress on the domain. And you can get started right away - just find a good theme, learn how to customize it, and write your heart out.

If it's a service such as some kind of engine or database or interactive function kind of site - and you wanna get this going NOW?... well you're going to need to hire somebody to make a site like this for you. If it's a truly custom, unique site that is - so do share the details of the service / idea if this is the case and I'd be more than happy to advise you on what coding / programming is required.

Or finally, if it's a content resource... as in, a basic site with information... learn how to create a HTML/CSS website; it may seem daunting at first but it's not as hard as you may think; the coding terms will initially take some getting your head around on the pure basis of familiarity but once you got them down it's just about practice. Refine, experiment, correct x repeat x repeat :)

Start off by getting Dreamweaver and Photoshop if you don't already have thos.

Then read-up on creating a basic HTML page in dreamweaver, as well as a basic CSS file to accompany the HTML page. HTML is the base / front structure and CSS will be your design (colour, shape, shade, format) file that informs the HTML page on how to look... this is the simplest and yet fastest-loading and more usable types of websites you can make. And it can look as pro and pretty as can be also.

There's a plethora of video tutorials that you can comfortably watch to get you started, just YouTube some of the things I've said here and you'll be well on your way :)

Once you create your basic HTML/CSS website, you need to upload that to the domain file on the hosted server that you pay for. If you don't know how to get the domain, point it at the server or do any of this: I highly recommend HostGator - click on their live-chat on their website and they will inform you and guide you through the entire process. Easy peasy. Good luck!

BayCrazy, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  13. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great suggestions. I am sure these are enough of a guideline to start with your business site.

sharondzouza, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  14. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With Wordpress you can start any kind of website, not only a blog, and it`s very easy to manage and learn, plus it`s SEO friendly. You could start with WP, after chosing a hosting and of course, your domain name. Instead of spending big $$ on some fancy webdesign, you could use for start a free theme, there are lots of nice ones, and focus on your content. Then promote it on Facebook and any other social network and SEO channels, to attract traffic. Good Luck!

webcosmo, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  15. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What type of website you want? If you are going to start a blog, You can try blogger which is safe as compared to WordPress. You just need to register a domain only. No need to buy a hosting.

humtuma, Apr 16, 2013 IP