1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How We Get "likes" ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by love2all, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlineSolutions

OnlineSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really hate this new 'Likes' system. I have been here for 4 years. But as I don't have Likes so I can't post in Buy Sell forum. I have few questions to the members here who are supporting this Likes system.

1. I don't get extra time after my work to post replies for Likes. So shall I stop my work to get Likes and become eligible to sell my services here?
    2. Now even I have stopped my work and replied with very useful information. Still I didn't get likes.
    3. I bet there are many places in this forum where I helped people with best replies. But still no likes for me. So contributing with useful replies is not the way to get likes here.
    4. Did you ever think about people like me who FEED their family by selling service here?

OnlineSolutions, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  2. vraths

vraths Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even I am facing the same problem, and I am a member of this forum since 2007... hope some established members will like my posting, fingers crossed!!! But I love this forum.

vraths, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

You are using this for a business purpose, so why not pay for a premium membership if you can't be bothered to get three likes? You're one away. That's just lazy, especially if it's just a tiny bit of effort to (allegedly) "feed" your family.

Or get the final like and don't pay?

ryan_uk, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  4. OnlineSolutions

OnlineSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $130 is not a small amount for me.
    I work whole day. So don't get time to reply. If you call it lazy then I accept that I am Lazy.

OnlineSolutions, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. puritanize

puritanize Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I must be blind, where do you even like a post/reply? Wanted to like something someone said, very helpful and could not find where to.

puritanize, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  6. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

You can see the "Like" button under every post only after you become established . Check this https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/established

kingofking, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  7. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a forum (You are interacting with huge number of people here) so DP's "Like" requirement is just to make sure if you are the like minded person for others. and how substantial your presence here..

Write something that people like and they'll naturally give you like depending on how informative your content is.. :)

puredigits, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  8. pixelexit

pixelexit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just find an area of the forums you're knowledgeable in and help people when they need it if you can, can't be that hard ;)

pixelexit, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  9. adspace

adspace Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Now you need to share something that people find informative, they will like your reply or post usually and you just need to wait 48 hours just after receiving 3 likes... That's it !

BTW there is another option to buy premium membership and you are done ...

Good Luck !

adspace, Apr 15, 2013 IP
    pranay01 and puredigits like this.
  10. jryan89

jryan89 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok,

So I just came back after a while, and I used to have like an 8 itrader rating. I have almost 100 posts, and now I need 3 likes to be able to post in the Buy, Sell and Trade forum that I already have several posts in. This is very annoying to me to say the least.

However, I really like this place and I want to contribute, but I see people with over 300 posts with only 2 likes.

So i am curious...How the heck do I, and everyone else around here, get 3 likes without having to make over 300 posts?

Also, who the heck can like your post because I do not see a like button.

Thank you!

jryan89, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You get 3 likes, then you receive an alert welcoming you to the "establishment". From this point onward a *Like* button will show up next to the *Reply* button. Getting likes has to do with writing style, personality, helpfulness, advice giving, and humor.
    I'm convinced that if you post the way you speak in real life, the likes will come. Lay back, be loose and be a part of the community. Many members score 3, 4 or 5 likes with a single post.
    Good luck to you with this.;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Earlier I started a thread and asked a question. No answer yet. I know some people have the answers, but they are too busy trying to figure out how to get likes.

I'd go with JFK on that one: Don't ask what DP can do for you. Ask what you can do for other members.

Blogmaster, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  13. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to help some people out with a few problems or just post some very useful, insightful and unique posts im sure the likes will follow

tekkers, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  14. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    You ruined everything :/

kenzo22, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  15. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed you are ;)

So, jryan89 this should be our lesson to post quality content in order to get likes on DP ;)
    Cheers

kenzo22, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  16. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you :) , but I don't really post here to get likes. It's nice to see that your post was helpful to somebody but It shouldn't be the main reason to write :p

kenzo22, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  17. 4to1

4to1 Member

Best Answers:
    @Evershawn
    It does not mean that DP does not appreciate its old reputable members. Here is what I think, why DP introduced new 3 Like system and why DP ended old iTraders.

In some parts of forum, you can not take part if you have not 3 Likes. It is to take away spammers from areas where people trust each other and DP as well. It is not easy to get 3 Likes for spammers, because they come only to do spamming and get banned early. It is not difficult to get 3 likes for old and valuable members, if they do not have before.

It is noticed many time, that some members submit wrong iTrader to only hurt others and it also decrease the worth of DP as well and DP can not suffer it. It is not difficult for reputable members to get lots of real Feedbacks again.

What do you think?;)

4to1, Apr 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  18. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:
    I think honest participation will help. If you see the participation on the threads, you will see what kind of topics people actually participate. Look for threads you feel familiar with. It would be easier to participate in topics you know well. The more you participate the more possibility you have to receive 'likes'.

Nucita, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  19. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i agreed that the "like" button is too small for the member to see, and this can be one of the reason hard to get member. By the way, the fact is member doesnt really like to give like to others

lifeplayer, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  20. kingofdollars

kingofdollars Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before reading this topic, I was looking for like button all over the page, as I want to give 'like' to the post I like. Now I realized if you dont have enough 'like' you can not 'like' others.

kingofdollars, Apr 19, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.