1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Money Making Products? | Is it ever Worth it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IMNEWB, Feb 19, 2013.

1. louise topping

louise topping Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that Facebook groups are a good way to see which names keep getting repeated. If a lot of people are buying one particular persons product, google them, read up, see what they are offering. Don't go for the "get rich quick" sales pages. They are not worth it. You are welcome to see my facebook group, that would then lead you on to many others, all of whom are making an online income

louise topping, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  2. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There used to be a topic running on blackhat team that had well over 2000 posts. The topic was how to make money selling WSO's basically the topic went onto explain that you should search for WSO's read them and basically re-write them and then re-list them for sale as a unique WSO.

It even went onto explain how you could outsource most of the work.

There are people who do this all the time and make a fortune selling re-hashed stuff like this. If you think you want to buy a WSO but are not sure that it is not some re-written rubbish. Why not search on blackcheets.com or blackhat world try and get it at those sites for free first.

If you like it and it is genuine then support the seller by buying it.

cjbmeb14, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  3. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Money making products... Phew...
    Ok, well it depends I guess to what extent you think its a "money maker"
    If someone is telling you that with very little work you can make $500 a day and you believe it, I am sorry but your an idiot and best placed not using the internet to make money.
    If someone is offering to give you a platform to make money with a lot of work, then yeah but your probably best off just starting small and making your own platform using a free piece of software like WordPress.
    The people that make money using "Get rich quick" schemes are the people selling them.
    You need to appreciate, in life nothing comes easy. And if its too good to be true it isn't.
    With the internet, you can make money. You really can, but don't expect to spam a few blogs and copy a few articles and pay for a few backlinks and BOOM there is your multi-million $ empire. This is the problem I have with Warrior Forum. Its just full of these MAKE $1,000 A DAY FROM HOME! etc, its just taking advantage of people that can't think beyond a sales pitch.

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.
  4. Gugulethu - Blogging Pro

Gugulethu - Blogging Pro Member

Best Answers:
    I believe without buying any online/offline course I would not be making any money online. Although you might think a certain product was useless, I bet you learnt a thing or 2 and will need it to run your business. For me you just sound like you suffering from information overload.

Doing your own research might work but you have to remember that a marketer can share a really good tip on a blog post, article directory, video or wherever but that's just to get you to trust them so that you can get all the tips when you buy the product. So free information is mostly used to attract customers.

Build yourself a blog, maybe that will enlighten you. Not a free blog by the way, that will make you even more lazier than you are at the moment.

5. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think that it's true that you can spend a lot of money buying WSOs and not make a dime, but it is also true that I think I have learned something from almost every WSO I have purchased over the years. When I see the claims that I can make $500 a day for just breathing if I buy this or that WSO I just roll my eyes. But when I see one that seems to offer a new approach or I am impressed by the sales pitch I may buy it just as a learning experience.

I will say that some WSOs are re-hashed stuff but a few are gems and offer people an education in one way or another. One thing I have certainly learned from doing online work and writing freelance for a while is that if you want to make a living you have to do some work. You can't just sit back and buy a WSO and have people hand you money. You actually have to create or build something good. I think that goes for a blog, online store, or for a WSO. Here's the thing, (and I really believe this) if you actually create something good and are honest about why it's good, people will want it and it will enhance your reputation. Then, the people who purchased it from you the first time will remember that the next time you are selling something.

That is what I see as building a business by building your reputation.

Lynn

Lynn C, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I certainly learned some new stuff on this thread already! A couple more comments: there isn't a direct relation between what you pay and the value you get. 'Tell us something we don't already know.' Personally, I've bought so much worthless stuff that I took myself off the JVZoo and WSO-of-the-Day mailing lists. I rely on one of several marketers whose judgment I respect to recommend products. Most of these I buy: about once a month these come through. Maybe I miss some worthwhile stuff but as it is I can't keep up with the top material I already have, so that's fine.

axxil, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  7. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe that 90% of WSO's are re-written rubbish and you need to wise up to this.
    At least by visiting the sites I mentioned before you can try before you buy.
    I have bought WSO's before and thought I have already read this and I had. It had just been re-written.

cjbmeb14, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. merlin77

merlin77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To answer the OP's question - yes for the most part you can find most of the information contained in ebooks on the web. Yes like most have said much of it is rehashed or rewritten. Sure you can scour the web for hours and find the same information but, what is your time worth. In this business time is money! I think the key is what are you looking for or what do you expect to get out of it. If you see an ebook saying $39,150 per month doing nothing for $7...ask yourself would sell your method that makes that much money for $7?

As you've seen in this thread almost all of those methods can/do work as long as you add the secret ingredient - YOU MUST ACT! I think there are 3 simple things you need to succeed in IM -
    1.) You must take action
    2.) You must test, test more & then test more
    3.) Have some friends in IM that you can talk to, bounce ideas off one another & support what you're doing

merlin77, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  9. gclunis

gclunis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey There,

I believe that buying products can be worth it. Like with any other experience in life this business takes education in order to really build yourself and get to a higher point. IM products can sometimes present a unique view on things that you may not have thought of before.

The trick is to make sure you are not overloading yourself with information. Find a bit of info you can use and then focus entirely on implementing it rather than continuing to learn more.

Education should be used to point you in the right direction so that experience can take over.

Cheers,
    Gregg

gclunis, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some money making courses work, some don't. The key is to keep from buying all of them at the same time. Look at the products, and determine which one best fits your needs and your budget. Then stick with that course and finish it through. There will be other products. There will be upsells. Do not get distracted by them. Keep your focus and finish the one money making course/product you purchased. Once you have a site up and you are earning off the site, then you can invest on other courses.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!v

affilorama, Apr 12, 2013 IP