1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get members to new forum

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by indyature, Apr 7, 2013.

Friends of digitalpoint help me. I want to know who to get members for my new forum http://www.mashableforums.com

indyature, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  2. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've heard of people pretending to be multiple people as a way of starting engagements.

If a forum is dead, people won't check it out.

Iain R, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  3. dutzu

dutzu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your forum must not look empty
    Anyone who will visit an empty forum will just leave right away. There's absolutely no chance of people registering. So the first thing to do is bring in some activity. You need to have interesting discussions going on so that people read them, and, ultimately, will want to join to participate in them. You can start them up inviting friends to your board, or just creating fake accounts and replying to yourself.(I don't recommend the last one) :D

Run contests, give away prizes
    Running contests, to reward number of posts, quality of posts, or other membership attitude that helped improve your community, is a good way to suggest this type of attitude.

Post on other forums / yahoo groups
    Posting quality information on popular forums, and having a link to your site in your signature is a great way to get good traffic to your site. People are interested in your topic, have a good premade opinion about your site because of your quality posts, and are familiar with forums because they saw your link on one. This traffic is very likely to convert. Note that this is very different from going everywhere around posting something like "come visit my site" as your first post.

dutzu, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  4. Leo Martinez

Leo Martinez Peon

Best Answers:
    Announce to a list. Nothing worse than building a forum one member at a time.

Leo Martinez, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Agreed. People will avoid it like the plague.

I know I do when I see a dead forum. There is always another forum on a similar topic that is out there and has a thriving community.

Iain R, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A forum is just like any other site... what are you currently offering users that they can't get anywhere else (that they want)?

digitalpoint, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  7. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Building a forum from scratch is not easy. You have to talk to yourself a lot at first and post interesting/useful content.

Devtard, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder are is the forum official from mashable or you just taking the name ? Thought of mashable name might be copyright issue.

You can
    - exchange members with other forum by allow each other admin to advertise in both parties forum.
    - paid someone to actually keep on posting in your forum and make it look full with active members, this will help to continue generate new members.
    - Increase your forum page rank, so all SEO marketer will automatically come to your site and do posting.
    - submit your forum to forum directories and your categories topic directories.
    - always provide good information and solution in the thread
    - use social media to collect fans and convert them to your forum members.
    - make some giveaway in exchange to be your forum members.
    - make your site links dofollow, people will automatically come to your forum post thread with backlinks.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. bilalx

bilalx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not to try anything contest on your forum and you start giving some free to visitors, its required some budget but you can make them your regular visitors

bilalx, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your forum is too new, it doesn't have content, first of all create content in your forums, hire some paid forum posters, and advertise your forum in other related forums, it would help.

alex06295, Apr 11, 2013 IP