1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing Tips for a Hosting/Website Product?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by D_C, Apr 8, 2013.

Anyone have any generic tips for how to market/advertise a new-style website hosting product? I'm trying to sell a product where we include a basic website design, web hosting, and SEO/Webmastering tasks for a really good price, but I can't seem to convert any sales by using my traditional methods of advertising my other hosting products (webmaster forums, targeted advertising, etc).

Any ideas about how I can get some decent leads would be appreciated.

D_C, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. Delta9er

Delta9er Active Member

Best Answers:
    Call people locally.

Delta9er, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. uhexos

uhexos Member

Best Answers:
    You can talk to local companies and stores on the importance of a website to their business. Also make some videos showing how to use your service like maybe using the cpanel, or installing a cms script and upload it to youtube. Go the website design forums and start CONTRIBUTING and when you are allowed add a signature to help attract traffic.
    If you have some money comsider advertisisng in website design ezines.
    Make sure that your service is good so that you customers tell other about it

uhexos, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and make sure you're marketing through social media sites too like Facebook. You can hold promotional offers like providing free hosting for a certain period of time for the first 10 people to like your site's Facebook page, or something like that. Not only are you able to increase your FB likes (thereby getting more followers), you are also able to get people to try your product and in turn give you feedback on it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on social media, that's where most people are online these days. Facebook and Twitter especially.

ninjamtlt1, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  6. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone, I have already started the social media reign but had not thought about some exclusive offers, I'll give it a shot. I'll be going to my local businesses too and see what I can stir up. Thanks everyone =)

D_C, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your target market is basically new SME where just startup cause usually big company they do not need those entire services while they bellieve they do have their own expert to manage it like maybe webdesign or SEO.
    If you want sell the entire service in one time to customer usually is new startup SME.
    So it would be best to go with those busines startup registration , tips place to catch them .

JerrickYeoh, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hosting niche is very competitive, there is no doubt to it.

Try to find some less competitive keywords, if you get it, optimize them, they would take time depending on the competition.

Promote your company in high traffic hosting related forums, it would help a lot.

alex06295, Apr 11, 2013 IP