1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog's traffic decreasing constantly despite regular updates

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by shivambest, Apr 10, 2013.

Hi friends, I started this blog last year in July, but started working seriously in December month. Till Feb 1, 2013 I was getting 2500 unique visitors per day just from Google. After that I left the blog as it is due to my exams. Now when my exams were over aroung 20th march I saw the blog and it was getting just 1000 UV per day. I started posting articles and did all other things I used to do before, but the traffic is going down despite all my serious efforts. Now I am not even getting 700UV per day.

I wanted to ask if there was any update it past days that might be the reason behind it, ot there is any other reason?

my blog is http://weirdnlolpics.blogspot.com

shivambest, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is because of consistency - that period you were not posting articles. When you drop, it takes much more efforts to go up again, there is a lot of competition. Also note that this is a free blog -.blogspot.com -the url is also a factor. Keep on working though, you will increase the traffic gradually.

doktu, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. drax2006

drax2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked your rankings? Have they dropped, where was/is your traffic coming from? Too many unanswered questions to say where the problem lies for certain

drax2006, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. Yogesh Giri

Yogesh Giri Member

Best Answers:
    You need to post daily on your blog can get more traffic

Yogesh Giri, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. ArticlesUK

ArticlesUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The trouble with 'blogger' and 'wordpress' is that Google instinctively treats them as blogs which in turn need updating more regularly than regular sites. Once you get a high visitor count, you will need fresh content 2 or three times a week just to keep up or the new competition will overtake you. Once your traffic has gone, it will be virtually impossible to get it back. If you collected email addresses, try sending updates out via them; you may get some visitors back that way. Good luck.

ArticlesUK, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  6. shivambest

shivambest Member

Best Answers:
    I am writing articles as frequently as I used to do. @article UK I updates my blog 4,5 times a week and sometimes even more frequently. @drax 2006 yes my rankings dropped that is why I am not getting traffic.

shivambest, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  7. Canadu

Canadu Peon

Best Answers:
    People may have started similar blogs and your high traffic may have something to do with keywords. Also if you were writing a Canadian politics blog and there was an election in Canada more people would be Googling it. But they always change the Algorithm and may have favored one of your posts and later dumped it. Don't give up: It sounds like you're doing fine.

Canadu, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. Mehwish Naqvi

Mehwish Naqvi Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah if you go out from bushiness and someone took your blog's place. no it will be hard for you to get your traffic back

Mehwish Naqvi, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should start looking into guest posting on high quality, relevant blogs.

Euphoria, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  10. shivambest

shivambest Member

Best Answers:
    @Mehwish and Euphoria ,I am feeling the pain in my ass as all my efforts are worthless. Now I have decide to guest post, lets see if it works.

shivambest, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will help you, when I had problems it helped me. Main thing is getting a large list of relevant blogs to contact. Some wont care to have a guest blogger but others love the content.

Euphoria, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing Content and Getting Constant Traffic to Your Blog

If you blog well, that is to say, if you blog well enough for people to come read it, you earn good chances of making quick money, by just going about your daily activity of posting blogs!
    Here are some of the things you can do to make sure that your blogging activities get rewarded by more than just comments and praises:
    You could get yourself registered with a search engine. But keep in mind that you must do it only if you are confident enough that your blog gets good traffic. That way, the higher the ranking your blog achieves, the more you get paid.
    While writing your blogs you also need to keep in mind a few things. This is not only to ensure that you get a steady traffic, but also for the fact that your blog readership can increase so that the ranking of your blog with search engines go higher.

Here are a few tips that should see you through this:

• Reader Friendly Content:

• Worthwhile: Never let the reader feel that he has been tricked into reading your post or clicking on your blog link.

• Check for errors: Making grammatical and spelling errors can be a major put off for many readers.

• KISS: Or, Keep It Short and Simple.

• Interesting: Make sure that you hold your reader’s attention by making your posts snazzy.

ktp2012, Oct 6, 2013 IP