1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think it is better to eat breakfast before or after a workout

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by samanthalong, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Is it better to eat breakfast before or after working out?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2013.
  1. Before workout

57.1%
  2. After workout

14.3%
  3. Both?

28.6%
    I have started working out in the morning and was wondering is it better to eat breakfast before or after working out?

Is it better to workout on an empty stomach?

samanthalong, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's a terrible idea to work on empty stomach. You have to provide energy for your body before any activity. You don't have to eat much, just eat some good carbohydrates to have energy. It depends on what kind of training you perform, but you also should eat proteins and a bit of carbohydrates just after your workout.

kenzo22, Apr 8, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  3. samanthalong

samanthalong Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply,
    My main goal is to lose weight so mostly cardio and a couple of days core training and weights.

samanthalong, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to work out it is better to have breakfast after, other wise you are going to throw up. Do not be afraid of feeling sick. We have a reserve of energy. If you want to loose weight you need to burn more calories than the ones you consume.
    You need to detoxify your body and you need to change the habits of your daily routine.
    Healthy diet is more than enough to loose weight.
    It depends if you only want to loose your weight or if you want to be fitness

Nucita, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I think is better to eat at least 2 hours prior to your workout.

Gianni Palazzo, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  6. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I cannot endure the workload without having a good breakfast. So I have a healthy one the first thing in the morning which keeps me cheerful and healthy throughout the day with my work.

traxport121, Apr 9, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    About an 1 hour before working out, bowl of oatmeal, nutriblast shake (leafy greens, banana, blueberries, flaxseed, almond milk) coffee :)

micksss, Apr 9, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  8. ilhanbahar

ilhanbahar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advice, you should eat before work out because if you don't have energy, you can't do anything. After that you can eat light things every 2-3 hours.

ilhanbahar, Apr 9, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  9. RfNiAg

RfNiAg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its important to breakfast before workout, because its will give you more strength when you workout,

RfNiAg, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  10. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Think again what you really want to lose - weight or fat? You want to look better or be lighter? I think the first one :) If you are reducing fat, you should eat healthy(normal size, healthy meals) and work out, you will get slimmer but your weight could be the same or even bigger. It's because muscles are much heavier than fat. The key is to work out regularly, and cut on "bad carbohydrates" like sugar, and fat.

If you want to get really tiny, reduce both fat and muscles (which is a very bad idea for me) try this:

When you work out, your muscles are burning and are smaller than before. They start growing when you rest after the workout and support them with proteins. Cut on sources of proteins (meat, milk, eggs, fish etc.) and your muscles won't develop. Eat vegetables, fruit, and drink a lot of water. As I said, I don't recommend it because it is hard work, and I personally don't see a point in reducing muscles ;)

Good luck with achieveing your goals! ;)

kenzo22, Apr 18, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  11. samanthalong

samanthalong Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right! I do want to lose fat and have a more toned body. I think I will try this idea it does sound very logical and I have never heard anything like this before usually it says to have protein after workout but I will try it your way and see if I get better results.

samanthalong, Apr 18, 2013 IP