1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Searching For Competitors Ads/market Research On Google

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Bill Davis, Feb 7, 2013.

Hi there - is there any tool or service that will allow me to do searches of my own and see what ads are actually showing up in the marketplace?

1. I am not trying to see if my own ads are showing up; I'm trying to see everybody's ads for a set of keywords.

2. I have tried to log out of my google account and select the desired city, and then tried searching with different keywords, but eventually, no ads show up for the most part...kind of like Google recognizes that all I'm doing is searching unnaturally so stops advertising to me. (Which is why I think I need a tool or service to help me with this!)

Let me know your thoughts - thanks in advance!

Bill Davis, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  2. Live Webcasting

Live Webcasting Peon

Best Answers:

Live Webcasting, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  3. Live Webcasting

Live Webcasting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Bill,

Take a look at "Keyword Spy" and "Adword Accelerator".

Jon Londono

Live Webcasting, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  4. animesh

animesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried "Adwords preview tool" It is right inside adwords account under "tool and analysis" . The other useful site is "spyfu.com".

Thanks

animesh, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  5. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Showing of ads depends on many factors. Are your bids high enough to trigger the ads? Do you have sufficient budget set for the ads?

To test for qualified ads, simply use Google's inbuilt tool called "Ad preview and diagnosis", where you can set google domain i.e. .com,.co.uk,.com.au, etc and Location and the devices you are targeting. Then add the keyword. This will show you that what keyword this is targeting exactly and position of your ad in real time view.

Simple way - go to keyword level in any adgroup and hover your mouse on the little chat sign just before status of the keyword. Simply click Ad Preview and diagnosis, this will take you to the tool with that adgroup setting by default.

Hope you find this useful.

digiaads, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    <quote>I am not trying to see if my own ads are showing up; I'm trying to see everybody's ads for a set of keywords.</quote>
    Nice explanation digiaads, but its unrealated to the question. He does not want to see his ads... its OPA (other peoples ads) that he is interested in... and as someone mentioned above one of the better tools for this is Keywordspy.com and its free for a simple look but if you can afford $89.00 a month go for it..

James Chambers, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  7. John Grossfield

John Grossfield Peon

Best Answers:
    Keywordspy.com has always been one of my favorites. Even just the free version requires no download, and gives relatively accurate pricing and competition data. Spyfu.com is also pretty good, but I always seem to be going back to Keywordspy.

Also, when you're doing searches on google or bing or wherever, try using a number of different browsers and search options. For instance, download a toolbar and set the default to google search. That may help you to continue seeing the paid ads.

John Grossfield, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  8. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And here is a money saving tip for keywordspy... save up all your research and even get a couple of friends to save up their research... Then when ready signup for one month at $89.00 and do all yours and your friends research during that month... then cancel at end of the month... then 90 days later or 6 months later when you have a lot of questions do another months subscription... of course since you are helping your friends out, let them pay their share... 30 bucks for 3 folks is not too bad.. You are not supposed to share, but as long as you don't give them your password and you gather the data for them there is not much they can say about that....

James Chambers, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  9. John Grossfield

John Grossfield Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome point James! I need to try that!

John Grossfield, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  10. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well... don't tell them at KeyWord spy I sent you, since that is probably not the way they want you to operate.... however a single subscriber once a quater is better than no subscriber at all.. actually I don't think there is any problem with more than one person signing in as long as not at the same time since I had a web owner signup.. and he told them i was his webmaster and that he was lost so is there a problem with his webmaster accessing the site... they said ok.. since you can only download a set amount of bytes each 24 hours... Anyone here not having tried it.. go for it, its free and even the free version gives you a small amount but still a lot of information... its just a nice tool but maybe a little expensive if you site is not making a ton of money... sometimes I have someone that I am helping signup so i can thoroughly research his site... and i have them sign up to keep my record clean.. I never charge.. but if there is something that could help you a lot and you agree then you can signup... but that is pretty rare... only if I am totally managing your site would I ask you to maybe subscribe maybe once in 6 months.. but totally voluntary.. not required... and it would only result in my not being able to give you advice quiet as valuable..

James Chambers, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  11. Live Webcasting

Live Webcasting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey James Chambers. That was a good call. I'm glad we're all back on course.

Live Webcasting, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  12. ronybd71

ronybd71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    there is another site called ispionage.com
    you can get better result there too..

thx

ronybd71, Apr 10, 2013 IP