1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share your link building strategy!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sunnyp81, Apr 2, 2013.

Okay, so this topic has been covered over and over again. My intention here is for the DP community to share their strategy of how they would go about building links for their clients (or their own sites).

My method (I'm at an amateur level);

1. Find out where the competition get their links from, I use http://www.ranksignals.com/ and http://www.analyzebacklinks.com/. Probably not as good as the OSE by SEOMOZ, but these are free and have given me some good starting points.

2. Reach out to existing Twitter, FB, Linked In contacts to see if we can get a link with some content on their sites (if niche related).

3. Niche directory submission, not sure how fruitful this is but I have gotten some good rankings (not sure if its directly a result of this though!). Free directories, I have never paid.

4. Link exchanges within the niche but with good content. Google frowns upon "link swapping" but is this still the case when good content is shared?!

5. Niche related blog comments (this is the one I struggle with the most!).

6. News / PR sites - not yet done. Have you done this? Is it worth the time (and money some sites charge)?

I understand some might not share their strategies, and its fine. But Im sure this would be of great help to those like myself.

Thanks

sunnyp81, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  2. seovidya

seovidya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    These are really good strategies, apart from these try differently, now a days directories submission is not having any value.
    forums and blogging is more effective.

seovidya, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  3. Arif Islam

Arif Islam Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is good. But should also try on blogging (Specially guest blog). Guest blog will not only deliver great links but also good amount of referral traffic (If you can post on such sites with relevant traffic). As Google is evolving, generating great contents are one of the keys of getting success with SEO now instead of going for easy ways such as general directory submissions ( You Must go for Local Directories as they have high value). Regarding Blog comment, I am kind of allergic about this :p. When you have SEO in mind you may not be able to do a nice, constructive comment and end up with a spammy comment!

Arif Islam, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  4. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link Pyramid is another one great strategy. Good pyramids are hard to design and implement over a period of time, but could prove extremely fruitful.

traxport121, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  5. ervins

ervins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link build is extremely time consuming and tired. Its like you have to dedicate you self just to do that

ervins, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  6. orphicpixel

orphicpixel Member

Best Answers:
    I maintain two web and graphic design related blog, most of the link building is done by me, but not all times, when I have the spare time, I browse and read blogs related to my niche and there interact to their comment box

orphicpixel, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  7. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google groups and write some good content in related groups. Better to be indexed by Google than a bunch of wanna bee directories. That should help you.

globegenius, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  8. PerMT

PerMT Member

Best Answers:
    I've been working full time with affiliate since 2009, here's my strategy right now after Penguin.
    1. Go easy with exact match anchor texts.
    2. Diversify your links. If you're aiming for 20 unique inbound links. Go for 5 directory links, 5 comments, 5 blog post links and another 5 of your own choose. Lists, blogroll and such.
    3. Build your links slowly. 20 unique links, I would add those over 6 months+
    4. Don't build only PR links, that would look very strange.
    5. And of course, watch where you place your links. Bad website and you might end up penalizing your own website. Been there done that

Do this and you're Penguin safe :)

PerMT, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  9. marycombs

marycombs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    athanasios-davalas I really appreciate you help, and for your method you have told. that is some thing which i was looking for. Thanks again

marycombs, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  10. Thibaut

Thibaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My best strategy is to have a blogs network spread accross lots of sites.

Thibaut, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  11. Shipra Mukhopadhyaya

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is my first post in this forum ever, I am yet to be at home here and learn more what to post and what not to. So I’ll not post any links here nor I’ll name any tools.

It is true that I regularly use few automation software to build links but all of them are below per tools. I don’t use any tools famous in the world of internet marketing. I rather prefer to:
    [1] Build link slowly and steadily.
    [2] Build my link manually.

When I plan to build links to my site or video, I first check my top competitors’ backlinks and then scrape the urls, related to my site’s topic from the 100's of Custom Sites built on platforms such as BuddyPress, Drupal, Wordpress, Oxwall, Social Engine, and more to post comments! I always post comments manually with a Firefox plug-in.

Then I post my site’s links to:
    [1] Social Network Sites
    [2] Web 2.0 Article Sites
    [3] Social Bookmarking Sites
    [4] PDF and Document Sharing Sites
    [5] Web 2.0 Profile Links
    [6] Press Release Submissions
    [7] RSS Link Promotion
    [8] Video Sharing Sites

I always follow the golden rules of THREE, i.e. [1] constantly update content, [2] constantly add links (but don’t spam it) and [3] constantly manage to get clicks

I always update or add more content fortnightly and start a new batch of link building.

It is what I have been doing since last few years to build my full-time income online.

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  12. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some decent tactics there Shipra!

I would say that adding guest posts (REALLY well written!) to this list would be a good idea... being sure to write REALLY good quality content that isn't just 'unique', but is also engaging to the reader, and SO interesting that they feel like they want to share it socially.

To find gust posts you can do a few things, one of them being searching Google for things like:

"[topic]" "guest post guidelines"
    "[topic]" guest post by"

so, for example:

"designer jewelry" "guest post guidelines"

etc.

Be sure to filter the blogs, removing ANY that contain spam, or low quality content, leaving you with a list of prospective blogs of a very high quality - connect with the bloggers via social networks, comment on some of their posts (REAL comments!), and retweet some of their posts that you find interesting...

After a while of doing this, if email them, or Tweet them (or DM them via Twitter if they have followed you) with an idea for a guest post for their site, and ask for their thoughts.

This can get you some VERY high quality connections, and not just links, but also social shares, likes, and traffic.

mikeid22, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  13. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Overall avoid Fiverr gigs :)

micksss, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  14. eliteinfoworld

eliteinfoworld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Submit your blog or website in high pr do follow website. Find high pr website list from Google. Best ways to getting good traffic is blog commenting and forum posting. Create quality and user friendly content and post it to Guest blogging website.

Social Media website like twitter, facebook, google+ is also helpful to promote your business online and generate good no. of traffic.

eliteinfoworld, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  15. RafaelJames

RafaelJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just like to build back links on high quality content and niche wise websites. I use Off page seo techniques like forum posting, article submission, directory submission, social bookmarking and guest posting to increase back links for my websites.

RafaelJames, Apr 12, 2013 IP
    rankwatch.com likes this.
  16. krishatnet

krishatnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I build backlinks from forum signatures.

krishatnet, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  17. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My strategy are signature and submissions. Build backlinks doesn't increase your traffic. Some of the website which i know ,they have more than 1000 backlinks but no traffic. Do some unique.

humtuma, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  18. rachelsalmon

rachelsalmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Here is my strategy,
    • Quality Web Directories
    • Guest Posts
    • Ask for links (email other website owners but build relationship with them first by commenting on their blogs and have conversation before asking for links)
    • Social Media
    • Social Bookmarks (you can use automated software for this, socialmarker dot com, socialadr for example)
    • Link Out to Others (very important, because they will link back)
    • Video Submissions
    • Photo Sharing
    • Blog Comments
    • Testimonials
    • Forum posts
    • Q&A Sites (yahoo answers and others)
    • Web 2.0 sites (worpdress.com, weebly, squidoo, hubpages, blogger, tumblr)
    • Article Directories
    • Copy Links for Competitors at last
    Do both - dofollow and nofollow links to make your link profile natural looking.

Build 10 backlinks from all the above sources. Then repeat in following month if you see no improvements in ranking. (Very important notice - backlinking helps only and only if you have done good keyword research)

Anchor text (means text of your backlink) - 20% exact keyword that you are targeting (for example "dog training"), 20% related terms (for example "training for dog", "how to train dogs", "puppy training" etc), 20-30% no match terms (like "click here", "learn more here", "more information here", "find out more here") and 20-30% URL.

How many of you think this is an useful strategy? It works for me. Done wonders sometimes.

Thanks,
    Rachel.

rachelsalmon, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  19. ptv001

ptv001 Member

Best Answers:
    where can we get those blog network, is anybody can recommend?

ptv001, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best strategy this year for me has been guest posting and social media marketing. Both provides my site with backlinks, as well as traffic.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Apr 17, 2013 IP