1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increasing your traffic

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by samkhare, Aug 5, 2012.

1. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    You can always do manual submissions, participate in forum and blog sites, as well as directory submissions, social bookmarking, always remember to work on quality websites.

lesa mitchell, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. arifdriessen

arifdriessen Member

Best Answers:
    I think lots of newbie here will find your post useful.

arifdriessen, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  3. Aviator123

Aviator123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and i think for SEO search engine choice are also important. Google is the best ever.

Aviator123, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  4. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are a few posts that mention "do not use black hat methods" however, are we not all doing this anyway?
    If you use Market Samurai for instance this is black hat.
    Using software again can be termed as black hat, even searching for keywords.
    These days you have to use anything at all to get a high ranking but use methods wisely. Use a variation including Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and Squidoo is a good start.

cjbmeb14, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a person should have to concentrate on the quality of his or her site, then the traffic will automatically increases...

afoley77, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. John Grossfield

John Grossfield Peon

Best Answers:
    As this thread clearly demonstrates, there are a million and a half ways to drive more traffic to your site. SEO, PPC, Featured Posts, Unique Content, Back Links, etc. USE THEM ALL!

Bandwidth will always be a problem, but real SEM is about increasing your traffic and providing the best possible user-experience. That in turn will drive the number of satisfied clients/customers/whatever your business wants.

But if you really want to drive traffic quickly, and bandwidth is absolutely restricting, then use PPC. I’ve always admired PPC for its ability to scale and measurability. Plus, when done effectively it provides ample opportunity to scale.

Google is a great place to start, but I’m imagining if you’re reading this then you’ve already been there and are still running with AdWords or have stopped altogether. Either way, don’t let that be the end of your efforts! There are plenty of other options that can perform for your offer, and if you don’t diversify your search portfolio then simply put — you’re missing out.

Syndication providers like adMarketplace or retargeting companies like Criteo have plenty of volume and the CPCs are competitive. I know that adMarketplace is integrating with Kenshoo so if you’re already running on Google or Yahoo/Bing you can easily test and compare.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/196373/search-engine-marketing-prepares-for-a-makeover.html#axzz2PJfKpSmw

Consider using PPC to grow your business while you work on the other best practices highlighted in this thread. There is a lot of good input here, use it wisely!

John Grossfield, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  7. redchillies

redchillies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you own a blog and have no traffic, set yourself a goal to post every day or every weekday for 2 weeks. Once you have done this you will see the massive difference it will make in the number of people visiting your blog.

The key is an active blog with lots of unique informative content.

redchillies, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  8. marycombs

marycombs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you, I also do that and that is effective.

marycombs, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  9. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, by doing social media optimization we can earn direct and targetted traffic to a site.:)

ushahm, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  10. Sanjana0123

Sanjana0123 Member

Best Answers:
    Off page techniques such as forum submission, blog posting, commenting etc. You can even go for PPC or Paid Campaign which will provide Good amount of traffic to the website.

Sanjana0123, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  11. shresthakks

shresthakks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very nice post. Thank you.
    In my experiences, to increase traffic of websites, the following operation should follow by everyone:
    1. Search engine submission (eg. Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.)
    2. Social bookmarking such as
    a) Stumbleupon
    b) Myspace
    c) google bookmarks
    d) cannotea
    e) reddit
    f) delicious
    g) facebook
    h) Twitter
    i) slashdot
    k)digg etc.
    play very very important role to increase traffic as well as back-links for your websites. sign up is required to submit your site freely on the above mentioned social bookmarking site.
    3. Directory submission, which helps to increase you page rank of search engine and natural back-links.
    4. Forum posting honestly with the real and right information.
    5. Regular posting in your own blog with the fixed interval of time such as one post posting a day or one posting in the interval of three days or in a week. Regular posting is one of the best technique of increasing your site`s traffic and inbound links that help to increase page rank.
    6. Article submission
    7. Press release
    8. Pinging your site daily
    9.signing in , in your Google Webmaster only once a day
    10. Submission on Google Webmaster tool once a day.
    If you think these ideas are good for increasing traffic, please like my post.

shresthakks, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  12. David_Gray

David_Gray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Increase your back links and activity on social sites.

David_Gray, Feb 28, 2020 IP
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    cjbmeb14
    Keyword research is not black hat, and neither is use of software.
    You are getting confused between these 3:
    Natural link building,
    White hat SEO,
    and Black hat SEO.

Black hat seo includes presenting something different, full of keyword spammed webpages to search engines,
    or pages with hidden content,
    while providing proper readable pages to humans.
    This used to work around 2000, when keyword spamming was a hit, not any more.

JEET, Feb 29, 2020 IP