1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using SEO Keywords in Images

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thewritestuff09, Apr 8, 2013.

These days, you can go to any webpage and find images on it. They are available in a number of different shapes and sizes and they can be from different backgrounds to illustrations as well. There are a number of reasons why putting keywords in the name of an image can be important. There are a number of internet marketers that don’t even bother to name their images and this can be a waste of time in regards to SEO.
    For the most part, pictures have the format of banner1.gif, abc.png, or even 0001a.jpg. What you should be doing is name these images by using a keyword or two for that particular page it’s on.

Naming your pictures effectively is key, and you want to do it the right way so it helps drive more traffic to your site. Naming your images effectively is going to help boost traffic to your site and should include at least one or more keywords. When you name your images, each keyword should be separated with a hyphen. Do not include spaces either and make sure the important keywords go first.

When you are effectively naming your images or even videos the right way, they are going to show up in search engines and this is going to allow traffic to increase to your site.

If you have a page about web design, make sure that the images you are using pertain to web design and make sure that the images are based around it.

What many marketers forget a lot of times is that you can search the internet based on images and videos as well. So if you are using keywords in your image and video name files, you will find that your items are showing up everywhere no matter what people are looking for. This gives added exposure that you didn’t have before.

Having your images and pictures named effectively is yet another way to get direct and targeted traffic to your site which saves you even more money. Images can really make your website look a lot more attractive to visitors these days.

While pictures and videos can be great for keeping the attention of readers and visitors to your site, you should also be putting effort in to other aspects of your site. Keeping your site updated and SEO optimized is going to make all the difference in the world.

thewritestuff09, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. Media_Challenge

Media_Challenge Member

Best Answers:
    These are very valuable tips, I find that our videos and images actually rank a lot higher and faster then written content.

Media_Challenge, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you when it comes to name pictures and videos correctly. Naming them in the correct way, helps to increase traffic

Gianni Palazzo, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. wally247

wally247 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! I have a client who has a ton of images on his site and none were optimized. In a few days after optimizing them I am seeing his sub-pages with his images on them rank all on their own. It's a total waste of SEO to not optimize images!

wally247, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. eliteinfoworld

eliteinfoworld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is good tips to add image with keywords. There are many site image name like abc.jpg. imag1.png etc...... You will change image name like abc.jpg is original image. If you want to add keyword like web-development.jpg. Image optimization is good seo techniques to boost your website ranking.

eliteinfoworld, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. Hafeez Khan

Hafeez Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes we agree with your SEO strategies about how could we add proper keywords in images to make them robot friendly. Thanks for sharing this post.

Hafeez Khan, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  7. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing- new webmasters often overlook the important behind image optimization - it can be a great source of traffic if the attention is applied to it being done correctly.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  8. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, you should use images on your site, as images speak themselves! Your content would look good and it would help reduce bounce rate too! You need to use at least alt text if you are using images so that you would get SEO benefit from them.

alex06295, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  9. upsurge

upsurge Member

Best Answers:
    yes, makes sense.
    Using proper keywords for images instead of abc.jpg can really be effective.

upsurge, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  10. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,I agree for your thought.

Pooja Gupta, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  11. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    y
    ou are very right ,specially when i use seo by yoast am optimize my photo & putting the title & tags in the righ way then find my post in better way for seo

income_by_internet, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  12. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, give this a thought - I have a tech blog for which I NEVER did any SEO intentionally. The only part I concentrated was to use keywords for 1% density, 100% unique content. I took images from other sites and used on my sites. My tech blog was perfectly setup!!! ***I named images in each article with keyword1, keyword2, keyword3, etc. *** More than 50% of the images were in google first page image results. But after Jan 2013 image update from Google, 80% of the traffic is down and my site is slowly dying. I'm still wondering what went wrong since I didn't do anything wrong with my site. If fact, posted only 1 article in Feb 2013 and never updated anything on my site. Can anyone tell me what's wrong???

TPvinod, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  13. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    G
    Great tipsthewritestuff09, i thank you for sharing this wonderful advice about using an image in an effective way. Images are frequently used in a website/blog or in promotional activities, but there are few, who knows the right way to use them.

emn, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  14. sackboy127

sackboy127 Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience it's very easy to rank in Google Images with a properly optimised image, and it can mean some nice additional traffic too. It also depends on the niche though.

sackboy127, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  15. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ALT tags still work. They are important do define an image.

unna, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  16. Articles Arthors

Articles Arthors Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this post, I agree with you and have always used proper keywords as my image titles rather than randomness. I can find many of my sites images in google images because of this!

Articles Arthors, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  17. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! To rank well for an image in the SERP, the alt text, file name of the image, image description, the content around the image, the anchor text which is used as the internal links on the site or else from the external sites are the main factors which matter according to Google.

rankwatch.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  18. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:

what if i do all this for an image that i take from another site and post it on to my site, change all alt text and stuff based on my keyword? will it work? or will i be penalised for using images without permission?

TPvinod, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  19. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    then you are not helping say blind people to see/hear like you should > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt_attribute as you would, as you nearly say, just be "keyword stuffing"....

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  20. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Revelations - No i didn't mean keyword stuffing. I tried to say "change the alt text and other things based on my keyword"
    Well, I'm also waiting for a reply from RANKWATCH

TPvinod, Jul 22, 2013 IP