1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote a technology event OR a tech festival?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by chandler.bryson, Feb 24, 2013.

How can I promote a tech fest, or an event which has got events related to technology, engineering etc?

chandler.bryson, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  2. zsofi.m

zsofi.m Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Chandler,
    you can launch a promotion for that ;) E.g. give away free tickets or discounted tickets among the participants - they will enter the promotion if they are interested. People love to win!
    You can spice it up by giving away some cool prize (even a t-shirt or a sticker is fancy I think for geeks :)), if they enter and go to the event - and you can pick one of the winners right there, at the event - this way you will even make more visitors!

There are a lot of promotion builders for this, I'd suggest to use Antavo, or Offerpop, or something similar. With Antavo you can launch the same promotion on your website too, not only on a FB page, and it works on microsites too, so you can just tweet it out!

zsofi.m, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  3. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create an event on facebook and distribute a press release to technology blogs.

prawyyy, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  4. JustinasV

JustinasV Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it certainly depends a lot on who you are trying to market it to. Promotions with free incentives might not work as well as you'd expect. Press release might be a better idea, however, suggesting you marketing ideas for an event when target market or the type of event is unknown is a lot like hunting in a dark...with your eyes closed too.

Event marketing, obviously, will have to utilize as much local marketing as possible. Try to identify who you want to attract to your even and then try to reach them - if it's local students, then try universities - posters, flyers may work, however try to speak with various unions representatives or university management about advertising there. If those people are young entrepreneurs / start-upers then look for places where they gather and interact - maybe it's a local hub or library or even coffee shop.

You can even buy some highly targeted adwords - you could easily target local people who are interested in engineering / tech - you'd just need to find out what's that they are looking for online, or facebook ads - again, very easy to target people based on the area + interests, e.g. you could target only people in Austin, who are into building robots - they might be interested in your tech festival.

See, there are so many options on what you can do - it all comes down to what you're targeting and what you're trying to sell :)

JustinasV, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  5. Nanotech81

Nanotech81 Peon

Best Answers:
    promote it between members of TheInternational NanoScience Community- www.nanopaprika.eu scientific social network

Nanotech81, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  6. chandler.bryson

chandler.bryson Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you zsofi.m, your suggestion and resources will help me a lot.

chandler.bryson, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  7. chandler.bryson

chandler.bryson Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, JustinasV
    Thank you for explaining it to me.

chandler.bryson, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  8. nehasoft

nehasoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use to do classifieds its the best way of advertisement.

nehasoft, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  9. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You probably can use the meetup.com. Their site is not free for arranging meetups, but it sure is not expensive either.

freeadstime, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  10. tim.warboys

tim.warboys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One simple suggestion would be to promote some ads offering a free tickets for people liking your page on FB. So basically you enter them into a competition and then this gives them an incentive. Will cost a few hundred to get up and running but expect a great community of people to promote to once its finished.Also landing pages are vital! Thanks.

tim.warboys, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    - Create a event page and invite whatever friends you have in the list . You can give some giveaway in order to request your friends and followers to invite their friends in as well. So your invitation list will getting more and more.

- Promote your event post so your friend's friend will able to see your post as well. It also help to increase the impression of your post to your friends.

- Use Facebook Ads to advertise your event , facebook ads cpc is cheap and effective.

- Come with some contest giveaway and request participants to share the event banner or tag their friend towards your event banners.

- Use twitter to post with hashtag those keywords and you can even tag similar twitter page in to your post and get more exposure.

- create the event in your Linkedin profile and start invite people to your event discussion group.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  12. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have posted this thread in social networking category, so i think you know the answer for your question..:)

afoley77, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  13. chandler.bryson

chandler.bryson Member

Best Answers:
    Well a little bit I know. I just don't want to promote my event, I want it to go viral. that requires a unique strategy... isn't it?

chandler.bryson, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  14. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should have to take the help of internet just use all the best social networking sites to promote your event, create a website for your event, with the help of Google ads you can also promote your event..You should also have to advertise your event in newspaper, magazines etc..Also your should have to create a promotional video for this event and then submit it to video submissions sites like youtube etc..

afoley77, Apr 8, 2013 IP