1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Joined Cb And Got My Product And Account Approved, Now What?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aab1, Feb 14, 2013.

I finally joined CB and got my product and account approved, now what? Do I just wait for sales to start magically coming in or is there anything else that needs to be done?

I still don't entirely understand the concept of clickbank, mostly whether I'm now done and just need to watch sales come in and their affiliates will do the rest, or do I still need to promote my product somehow? If I still need to promote my product, isn't that supposed to be the job of their affiliates?

Please clarify what I should do or expect to happen from now on.

Thanks

aab1, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. arhan

arhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now, what you should doing is to get as lot as possible, affiliaters who want to promote your product. It's difficult enaugh if you don't know how affilaters work. But, you can learn a lot from Google on "how to become a successfull clickbank vendor"

arhan, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. phowell23

phowell23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At this point you need to build up your affiliates help page, get them great banners and other advertising tools for them to sell your product. Also, you may be able to grab a few affiliates to start off your sales though this forum as well as receiving feedback on the product/sales page (whether good or bad). Just give more information about what the product is, why you think it will sale, and links to the main sales page and affiliate area. You did the hard part, get a product, build a sales page, build an affiliates page (hopefully)...now your main goals should be to attract and support affiliates and also do testing of your sales page to make sure you get the best conversion rate possible (and share this with your affiliates).

phowell23, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  4. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what's your product link?

wtg, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  5. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately - you have fallen for the guru trap and easy thinking of 'just get something on clickbank - you'll be rich'. Not your fault, and too many make it seem like this world and barrier of entry is literally just that easy.

You've potentially just shot your whole program in the foot.

Here's why.

Most experienced vendors, and affiliates, absolutely loathe when vendors show up here and announce cold offers with no testing on the vendors behalf, no resources beyond simple banners, no proof that it will convert, no split testing of the sales page to make sure you've positioned it right and maximized/conversion mastered the page...

.. . .Here's the kicker - you WILL get affiliates - new ones - ones that don't know how to filter an offer they just blindly promote whatever a new vendor tells them to, and you'll even get some traffic! However you will have a hell of a hard time acquiring customers and building your business to big volumes with this approach, we call it the guinea pig route. You're using other peoples time and money and efforts to even SEE if the product is going to pass its first test.

It's not up to affiliates to test stuff, they typically shy away from it and for good reason - they choose vendors that do extensive testing, of price, creative, copy, pay page, and show up with proof of each, keywords, videos, conversion stats showing a good conversion rate for various sources of hot and cold traffic - THEN affiliates see immediate results and you actually retain them. If you're lucky you've strategized a back-end once the front was maxed and now your affiliates make even more money - and are more loyal...

I did it too with my first few products and since then I've learned to a) respect others time/efforts, never prematurely launch stuff and never rely on them to test your offer (chances are they won't promote your future stuff either now, and chances are your first product or 5 are duds and or not your winners especially on first run unprepared) b) REALLY test the shit out of your offer and prove to yourself that this WILL convert well, while you test it as YOU being your own affiliate on both free and paid traffic, if YOU can't make it profitable chances are others won't be able to either. Leverage is a very powerful thing however it can equally backfire on you.

Advice :: Stop recruitment - go make 50 sales on your own and track how you made every single one - show up with screenshots of those conversions and proof that you tested your offer with various variables to make sure you maxed it out, if you can't even sell one copy - scrap or sell the project - welcome to the wonderful world of vendors - where 9 out of 10 of your products will die a horrible death but teach you LOADS in the process. I've done over 40 now, half bombed, 10 made good money, 5 made really good money, 1 has finally set me free.

You'll learn a lot from this for your next launch/prep, best of luck being a vendor but don't be blinded by the way guru's might make it sound, you're still running a business and should be the leader in the come up (aka be able to teach others how to sell it before expecting pros to be attracted to selling even more of it/getting noticed by them).

/ramble.

NCMedia, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    Tazer Dude likes this.
  6. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I haven't fallen into any "guru trap" because I'm not following any "gurus", I simply signed up to ClickBank to sell my eBooks. Even though I've signed up and added my products I still don't have the slightest understanding of how ClickBank is supposed to work, it's truly by far the most confusing website I've ever used.

I also didn't come here to show my offer (AFAIK I never even mentioned it), I simply asked what my next step is. I haven't done any testing because I don't have the slightest clue what that would be or that you could even test it, I'm completely new to ClickBank and don't even really understand the concept yet.

By the way my eBook is a book I have been selling (though in printed format) for many years on eBay with 100% positive feedback, so the product itself is far from new and untested, the only thing that's new and untested is selling it on ClickBank rather than eBay.

So rather than telling me I'm doing everything wrong and wasting everyone's time for simply having signed up to ClickBank, how about telling me what I should be doing? Yes I know you keep saying "test it", but I'm new to ClickBank, I have no idea what doing a test with ClickBank involves, so can someone please explain how I would do this test?

About stopping recruitment, I can't do that, the reason is that I never started or even know that you could recruit with ClickBank, remember I'm brand new to this and know little more than the fact that the website is called "ClickBank".

So how exactly do I test my product? Do you mean send traffic to my own page myself? I didn't even know if that's allowed, remember I know virtually nothing whatsoever about how ClickBank works.

BTW I'd appreciate if you didn't talk to me like I was some criminal wasting everyone's time just because I'm new to ClickBank and asking how it works, everyone has to start from somewhere and don't all understand how ClickBank works and treating newbies like criminals just because they're new doesn't give you much credibility.

Thank you

aab1, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  7. sportsgeek

sportsgeek Peon

Best Answers:

Listen bud,

NC just gave you some great advice here. I would advise not coming back at him like you did. Just take the info he provided and run with it.

NC has seen thousands of clickbank noobies just like we all have, come and ask these questions after they make a product.

Read what he has to say, use the forum search and google search and you will be on your way.

Best of luck

sportsgeek, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  8. louise topping

louise topping Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    You have to treat the product as if it were your own. When looking for a product on clickbank , see how much information the seller is giving you to promote the product. A good one will have a sales page and some emails that you can send out and banners. Then you need to think about getting the product out there...You can set up a blog and add it on to that. Search for "free traffic" and have a look at different ways of promoting that way. The sellers want you to sell their product for them. You are trying to make some money. This is hard at first and you need to put a lot of effort in to get rewards
    Louise

louise topping, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  9. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My bad, I was trying to give you some tough love, and since you're new you don't know what you don't know yet - apologies. However you just got a good inside scoop if you take away the harshness.

Think of CB as nothing more than a payment processor, with affiliate technology. Literally, no different than paypal and thousands of others out there. However it is popular because it has a huge base of both affiliates and vendors. The reason I harped on you was because (you are right) I assumed, and I shouldn't have. I assumed you were another new vendor that knows the system and just launches stuff blindly hoping for affiliates.

There is no 'the clickbank way' of doing things really. Whatever platform you use to process payments and or utilize affiliate technology will all have the same needs when in the online environment.

* YES - I mean try to sell it yourself and document how you're doing it if you DO want to recruit affiliates. If you're asking "What's next" as in - what do I have to do to get sales, then I'm afraid that's too broad for me to touch on as there's 1001 ways to turn from here as you try to market it and test it in any way you can.

If you're already selling units offline then kudos :) - you may not need to do nearly as much testing or promo as those that are fresh from proof for digital dist. only on a new brand.

You need eyeballs, clicks, and lot's of analyzing your logs while you split test the offer/price/copy/call to action/etc. Once you feel you can't get a better maxed out position and are moving good amounts of units while not keeping the price too low, you scale however possible (also in the online world it's a LOT easier to created more value - add a bonus book/worksheet/extra content/backstage stuff/etc.).

Best of luck and sorry for being cold.
    NC.

NCMedia, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  10. substance

substance Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think what he is saying is initially to try selling your own products through your Hop link so that you will be getting your own sales.This will increase your products credibility and other affiliates will jump in.

Also you will know whether you have the right sales pitch. Also you can write your own review. It is better to start rolling early.

Not only that but write an article or two and post it on article sites and with a link to your own site. And after things catches up, you can relax and watch whether you have a winner or a .....

I am also thinking of selling my own click-bank product and see how it goes. I am not new to click bank and certainly not new to selling online but definitely new as a vendor on click bank. I have tried my hand as affiliate at e-junkie and got 4 sales with a $50 facebook voucher and I used e-junkie because I want to get paid without waiting unlike clickbank. However, high time I try the might and famous click bank myself.

Congratulations on your new product and I can't wait to get mine on board. :-p

substance, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. Jerry Asemota

Jerry Asemota Active Member

Best Answers:
    its gonna be a long road OP

Jerry Asemota, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  12. awl03c

awl03c Member

Best Answers:
    @NC - what in your experience is the best way to get traffic to your sale page for testing?
    I just launched a new CB product: www.nailfungusrevealed.com
    I want to test this out and see what my conversions look like before promoting to affiliates but Google doesnt seem to show much love for CB sale pages. Do you use PPC? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

awl03c, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  13. Arman Assadi

Arman Assadi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First: You need to celebrate! Congrats on getting your product approved, the hard part is done.
    Don't worry, you are moving in the right direction. In order to attract top affiliates you need to show your offer converts well and has a solid EPC (this is the most important stat).
    Additionally, you can't expect them all to come directly to you. A lot of recruiting and reaching out needs to be done on your end. Think of this as networking and you will rock it. Find the inner circles within your niche and start connecting with people in them. Find a way to add value to their audiences. I'm not sure what niche you're in, but I can tell you that as a vendor/product creator with an email list I would promote your product if I saw it was converting and if you reached out to me directly. A lot of "super" affiliates aren't actively looking for offers to promote if they're also vendors.
    Monitor your analytics, A/B test your landing pages, and keep pushing traffic to your offer whether it's through this site or any other forum. The best way to get solid traffic though is to work directly with someone. Yes, it's not as automated, but it's much more effective.
    I hope this helps! :)
    p.s. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
    -Arman

Arman Assadi, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  14. netcfo

netcfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had learn more importenty things in this post
    I WILL DO MY CB

netcfo, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  15. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now, watch us some good state of your sales to promote it