1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Click Bomb

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by karthimx, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What are we gonna do folks? I'm on Blogger, have nothing in common with your sites. I noticed Germany stopped but US keeps attacking.

Njah, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. sheetal2009

sheetal2009 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ad Logger no use. it can log only genuine user clicks. These are click bots. They cannot be detected by Statcounter or any other plugin.
    I am shutting down ads for 1 or 2 weeks. No other way. I gave up.

Also these bots visit out sites everyday. Even if we remove ads it will come back when we put it back. We must seek professional help to find these click bombing bots.

sheetal2009, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. sheetal2009

Best Answers:

After baning two German IPs click bombers from Germany stopped. But from US getting 90+ click everyday on my 3 websites. The bombers may be using Opera or Google IPs. So unable to find them.

sheetal2009, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  4. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google deactivated my account yesterday. I don't know what to do anymore. I have sent an appeal to them with as much information as I have (and I have offered them any more that they might need). Unfortunately, I just found the 'notify us' link right now. I had actually "reported" this strange activity on the official Google forums instead. I just found out about this odd click activity exactly a week ago and Google has deactivated my account in just 1 week.

I've had my Adsense account for almost 7 years. I cringe at the thought of fraud. I really hope they consider my appeal. This click bomb crap is absolutely horrendous. I only just found out about the 'click bomb' terminology and was still trying to figure out why and how people were doing it when BAM it hit me on the face.

That said, I'll have to be prepared for whatever Google decides. There are many other ways to monetize a website.

dezinerite, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    This is just an idea and not a tested solution...

Try using Cloudflare, it automatically blocks a massive amount of dodgy bots and spammers, with a bit of luck it may stop the ones giving you the problems, it's free so worth a try.

Also try to find the bots user agent and ban it and not IPs, should the bot not have an identifier Cloudflare blocks it completely.

GregWR, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I am also having a 5 year old adsense account. Last month I completed $100 for payout and then the click bombing started. I am still waiting for my first adsense check. If they ban me I will loose my 5 years earning.

Normally I earn $5 per month. But due to bombing I got $10 last month and google finalized to $6 after they subtract the bombing. I already reported to google and removed ads.

This month within 5 days I earned $11. 300 views and 90 clicks a day. Already reported to google, hope they take the money only not my account full. I am not putting ads back till I get my hard earned $100 check.

sheetal2009, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  7. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I am already on cloudflare. No use. It makes my website offline every now and then.

I cannot ban user agent, click bombers use Mozilla, Opera agents which are used by most visitors to my site.

I spend hours daily analyzing server logs for the past week. Could not find the IP. I think they are using Opera proxy IPs.

8. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I think reporting it to Google is the only way then, let them know the effort you've put in to stop it and hopefully they can help.

Is there any way to ban users visiting through a proxy of any kind?

GregWR, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  9. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    We need to do some research on that. Now I have put everything idle till I get there check.

They use Opera proxy, that is the only US visit I have. I cannot ban opera proxy as many blog visitors use opera on there mobile very often.

10. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is it good to have ads on the site or remove them for some days?

karthimx, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  11. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't want to celebrate too early, but I think I'm off the hook. No clicks from US or Germany today, which usually makes me sad, but now I can't be happier. Now I just have to survive till April 23rd to get my $200 from the last month which are currently hanging in the air. Hope big G won't put me down.

Njah, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  12. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my case, the click bombs were affecting about 3-4 of my niche websites. The click bombs were generating 10-20 clicks per day for each of these sites.

If it took you 5 whole years to earn your first $100 it would definitely be wise to just remove the ads until Google replies to your report.

At this point, I was only cashing out every 3-4 months - and I've had my account for years. So to be honest with you, it might not be all that bad if Google decides against reinstating my account. I'm sure you guys completely understand that this whole bot thing has nothing to do with us and there is only so much we can do to stop these people or bots from clicking the ads. So I know I didn't do anything wrong and my mind + heart is clear. I'll just have to wait and see what Google decides.

That said, there are many other ways to monetize websites and my other websites make more through ecommerce than anything I receive from Google. So in a way, this may be a blessing in disguise for me. When I look back, I think about all those sponsored content that I had to reject in order to abide by Google rules. Had I accepted them, I would have earned more than what Google's paid me so far. It just sickens me that after carefully abiding by all their rules they would go as far as deactivating my account. C'est la vie.

dezinerite, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    Preetam likes this.
  13. karthimx

Best Answers:
    Every month 7th Google will update the Estimated earning to finalized earning.

My question is if they made it to finalized earning they will not remove those amount right?

karthimx, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  14. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    They finalized my last months earning on 4th or 5th of this month. They only gave $6 from last months $10 earnings which includes the click bomb.

sheetal2009, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  15. karthimx

Best Answers:
    So Finalized earning will not go down right?

karthimx, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  16. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they gave me $200 out of $250 which I had with the click bombs.

Njah, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  17. karthimx

Best Answers:
    Google Banned my account Today and the reason is: Invalid Clicks . This looks funny to me as its been click bombed and most of them are affected. This clearly shows Google is not smart to find out click bomb and invalid clicks from user.

karthimx, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  18. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that man. I'm getting bombed today from South Africa. Can't believe this shit.

Njah, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  19. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You may just inform Google that you feel some one is doing on purpose.
    They can track them easily and ignore it for adsense accounts.

stock_post, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  20. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google ignores them for a week and half now. I see 20 clicks from South Africa in one minute today, but no money. Just like US and Germany last week. I really hope they won't knock me out before cash out this month.

Njah, Apr 6, 2013 IP