1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The optimum number of keywords to rank for

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by James12513, Apr 4, 2013.

Hello All,

I've been brushing up on my SEO knowledge and want to set up a new website in a niche market. However, I seem to be pondering over how many keywords I should attempt to rank for (it sounds a simple question but it's got me thinking..).

How many keywords would you recommend trying to rank for when starting out with a new website?

Many Thanks.

James12513, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. Jesse12

Jesse12 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello
    It depends on nature of business. If you are starting website related to services then you need to select related to that and there is some best keywords related to a single services.

If you are having a informative website then there are number of keywords you need to target. In case of every website you need to target maximum number of keywords so that you are able to get huge amount of traffic.

Hope this will useful for you.

Jesse12, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jesse12,

It's an affiliate website, I've come to the conclusion to try to focus on ranking for three keywords (and as time goes on try ranking for more).

James12513, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  4. linkify

linkify Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the new website I will recommend to target up to 3 keywords for the home page and up to 7 keywords for section pages (one keyword per page).

Additionally make sure you generate new content with long keywords related to you 10 main keywords.

This strategy worked out really well for me and my clients.

linkify, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. friendsfocus

friendsfocus Member

Best Answers:
    Many SEO experts consider the optimum keyword density to be 1% to 3% percent and Google documentation states that your keyword density for any keyword or phrase should be less than 5%.
    You must make your own decisions about what is right for you but it seems like a keyword density of around 2% to 3% is just right.
    Divide the number of times that you have used a specific keyword by the total number of words in the text that you are analyzing and multiply the result by one hundred to achieve your percentage.
    Therefore,
    Keyword Density= (Nkr / Tkn) x 100.
    Density = Your Keyword Density.
    Nkr = How many times you repeated a specific keyword.
    Tkn = Total words in the analyzed text.
    So, if your article or piece of content is 500 words in length and you have used
    your keyword 15 times, the keyword density for that keyword is..

Keyword Density= (Nkr / Tkn) x 100.
    =(15/500) x 100
    =0.03 x 100
    =3
    Keyword Density=3% .

friendsfocus, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:

Ad you have decided keywords so you can start creating pages, I would say for one page, you can target upto 3 keywords...

MikeQ, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  7. Bizydee

Bizydee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your target of 3 is good enough. Make sure that the keywords you start with are fairly easy to rank, as you want to get quick results fast, and after you rank high for them you will have built your authority high enough to start ranking for higher competition and high traffic keywords. Authority is becoming key in SEO at the moment and building up your authority in these way will help you to rank for more competitive keywords easily.

Bizydee, Apr 20, 2013 IP